|Date Opened||10/11/2019 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$18.43* - $23.03/hour *(employees new to state service start at minimum)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||10/22/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, State Department of Education invites applicants to apply for a part-time Custodian position to work second shift within The Connecticut Technical Education and Career System. This position is located at Platt Technical Education and Career School in Milford, CT. The Connecticut Technical Education and Career System serves approximately 11,200 full-time high school students.
In a high school environment, the incumbent will be responsible for performing a full range of custodial duties as assigned by the Building Maintenance Supervisor. The hours for this position is Monday - Friday, 2:00pm - 9:00pm.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following experience and training:
1. Two (2) years of experience performing custodial work in a middle school, high school or college.
2. Experience waxing and polishing floors using floor polishers and buffers.
3. Experience moving furniture in a school and/or setting up classrooms.
4. Experience removing snow and ice from stairways and walkways around school buildings.
5. Experience performing minor maintenance on tools and equipment used in daily work.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
This position will be filled in accordance with reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.