|Date Opened||10/10/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$18.18* - $22.98/hour (*New hires to State employment start at minimum of salary range)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||10/18/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles' (DMV) mission is to promote public safety and regulate drivers, their motor vehicles and certain vehicle-related businesses, through the delivery of exceptional customer service to internal and external customers. The CT DMV is searching for employees who are career minded, want to make a difference and to provide superior clerical support to our management team and staff and enjoy working as a team member.
This recruitment is for part time (19 hours/week, no benefits) Clerk Typist positions that will be located in any of the following locations: Bridgeport, Danbury, Hamden, Norwalk, Waterbury, and Wethersfield. This is a Tuesday through Friday schedule and the hours will be discussed at the time of the interview.
Applicants must select the location(s) and employment type (these are part time) in which they wish to be considered for on their application prior to submission. Failure to indicate the location or employment type will result in the applicant not being considered for vacancies in that specific location. Please ensure that your application is complete. You will be unable to make revisions once you officially submit your application to the State of Connecticut. Candidates who submit an untimely, incomplete or inaccurate application will not be considered for this employment opportunity. Employment will be contingent upon a successful criminal background check.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account. Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Catherine Downey at (860)263-5268.
This position will be filled in accordance with reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
In addition to the checking of references and of facts stated in the application, a thorough background investigation of each candidate may be made before individuals are certified for appointment.
Applicants invited to interview may be required to submit additional documentation, which supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
In a state agency, this class is accountable for performing a full range of general clerical functions including basic processing, reception, filing, record keeping, bookkeeping and typing.
1. TYPING: Using a typewriter, personal computer and other electronic equipment types a variety of materials from rough copy or electronic recording device including correspondence, memos, reports, forms, applications, bills and other documents and records with speed and accuracy; reviews and corrects drafts for conformance with originals; enters and retrieves data on personal computers and computer terminals.
2. FILING: Maintains logs; sets up and maintains records and files according to established procedures; (e.g. alpha, numeric or chronological order); searches files for information.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Prepares and sends out standard form letters making minor revisions or additions.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles information from standard sources and prepares reports.
5. INTERPERSONAL: Answers phone, transfers calls and takes messages; receives and directs visitors; handles routine requests for information, procedural guidelines or assistance over the telephone or in person; (e.g. counter, reception and/or information desk).
6. PROCESSING: Receives, sorts and distributes mail; performs a variety of basic processing tasks (e.g., sorts, numbers, codes and files materials), reviews materials for accuracy and completeness (ensures categorical information is completed as required), makes changes per instructions or as authorized, verifies information through cross-referencing of existing computer and/or manual files or inquiries by phone or form letter to sender or other work units; does routine posting to ledgers, account books or other records; receives payments for licenses, bills, applications, fines and fees, etc.; prepares, totals and balances receipts; prepares cash transmittal/deposit slips; types and prepares purchase requisitions, orders or billing invoices according to established procedures; assists in or maintains inventory and orders supplies; performs related duties as required.
Knowledge of office procedures including proper telephone usage and filing; knowledge of spelling, punctuation and grammar; skill in typing a variety of materials; basic interpersonal skill; basic oral and written communication skills; basic skill in performing arithmetical computations; ability to operate office equipment which includes personal computers, computer terminals and other electronic equipment; ability to perform basic clerical tasks such as coding, sorting, alphabetizing and numeric ordering.
Extensive customer service skills;
Ability to read and comprehend and apply laws, policies and procedures;
Background in document review for completeness;
Attention to detail;
Ability to handle difficult customers in an effective manner;
Background in retention and storage procedures;
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.