Wetland Habitat and Mosquito Management
|Date Opened||10/7/2019 12:15:00 PM|
|Salary||$11.00 - 14.00/hour|
|Close Date||10/15/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) is charged with conserving, improving and protecting the natural resources and the environment of the state of Connecticut as well as making cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy available for the people and businesses of the state. The agency is also committed to playing a positive role in rebuilding Connecticut’s economy and creating jobs and to fostering a sustainable and prosperous economic future for the state.
DEEP's Wildlife Division is charged with advancing the conservation, use, and appreciation of Connecticut’s wildlife resources. The Division’s Wetland Habitat and Mosquito Management (WHAMM) Program performs wetland restoration and habitat rehabilitation projects on coastal and inland wetlands throughout the state.
The Wildlife Division is seeking to hire a Seasonal Resource Assistant to work with the WHAMM Program at its headquarters in Madison.
Salary: $11.00 - $14.00/hour, based on experience. There are no benefits with this position.
The position is 37.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
Length of position: Approximately 6 months (no more than 1,030 hours)
Applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Questions about these positions should be directed to: Roger Wolfe, 860-418-5987, email@example.com.
This position is non-competitive. Open to the public.
The selected candidate must be fluent in English, be at least 21 years old and have a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
The selected candidate will be required to obtain a Connecticut Pesticide Operator’s license.
The selected candidate must possess and maintain adequate physical flexibility, strength and stamina to perform the duties (including work outside in inclement weather, work outside for extended periods), and work well with other staff and members of the public. The employee is required to work indoors in a variety of settings and out of doors in natural habitats in a variety of adverse weather conditions and under potentially hazardous field conditions (e.g., bee stings or insect bites, poison ivy, rocky terrain, etc.).
1. Incumbents in these classes who are assigned as patrol persons or supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in these classes may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing patrol officer functions must currently possess Police Officer Standard Training (POST) certification or be eligible for POST recertification without completing the Basic Training program again (i.e. must be current or retired within two (2) years of last POST certified required employment) or Connecticut State Police (CSP) Academy certification (must be current or retired within two (2) years of last CSP certified required employment). Must pass a seasonal patroller training course as approved by the Connecticut State Police.
4. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.