Information Technology Manager 2
|Date Opened||9/3/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$101,066* - $137,814/year (*New Hires Start at Minimum)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||9/17/2019 11:59:00 PM|
Are you a detail oriented leader with expert knowledge in cloud based computing and software?
Would you love to work in a collaborative, dynamic environment that delivers great technology and lead groundbreaking projects?
Our mission at the State of Connecticut Department of Administrative Services (DAS), is to strive to promote timely, fair, competent, cost-effective services to address the needs of state agencies, municipalities and the public.
We provide superior benefits, competitive salaries and place where people truly believe in what they are doing. We’re committed in bringing passion and customer focus to all those with whom we interact.
The Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology (BEST), is seeking a motivated Cloud Architect (IT Manager 2) to join us in our Enterprise Architect Unit. As a cloud architect, you are a self-starter with strong collaboration skills. You will determine detailed technical directions for integrating state systems with cloud based technologies.
We'd love to hear from you if you are an enthusiastic, strong leader that has the ability to help guide technical solutions to meet enterprise and organizational goals.
Location: 55 Farmington Avenue, Hartford, CT
Hours: 40 hours per week, 7:30am-4:30pm
You will report directly to the Director of Enterprise Architecture.
All applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
State employees currently holding the above title or those who have previously attained permanent status in this class may apply for a lateral transfer.
Questions about these required documents or any other phase of this recruitment should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: Elena Vazquez, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be responsible for:
· Plan and Deploy for Business Results, which includes the ability to develop and implement business plans, IT plans, budget plans, and human resource plans in order to maximize budget allocations, technology, personnel and other resources to achieve agency and program goals.
· Lead Change, which includes innovation, the ability to be a creative problem solver and a strategic thinker, and the ability to recognize and develop opportunities to grow and develop information technology services in response to customers and a changing work environment.
· Focus on Results and Quality, including exercising and promoting accountability, and the ability to analyze surveys, financial and other data, and use strategic planning and performance measurement techniques to continuously improve performance and maintain competitiveness.
· Understand Customers and Markets, which includes the ability to establish customer satisfaction and loyalty, forecast and conduct market analyses, keep ahead of industry trends and incorporate “best practices” into information technology operations.
· Lead People, including the ability to resolve conflict, communicate effectively, coach and train employees, recognize performance, and foster diversity and teamwork.
· Build Coalitions, including the ability to explain and advocate facts and ideas in a convincing manner, to negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally, to gain cooperation from others, and to identify the internal and external politics that impact the work of the organization.
· Business Knowledge, including knowledge of the technical, professional, procedural and legal requirements of the specific information technology area.
Two (2) years of the General Experience must have been in a supervisory capacity or one (1) year of the General Experience must have been in a managerial capacity.
Note: For State Employees, this is interpreted to be two (2) years at the level of an Information Technology Supervisor or one (1) year at the level of an Information Technology Manager 1 or Agency Information Technology Manager.
1. College training in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s Degree.
2. A Master’s Degree in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
The successful candidate will possess:
1. The Information Technology Project Manager is limited to the Department of Administrative Services, Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology and Centers of Information Technology Excellence as identified by the statewide Chief Information Officer. Managers functioning in this capacity oversee a portfolio of large, long range or multiple on-going projects. The complexity of the assignment is determined by project scope, risk exposure, span of control, diversity of skill-sets and capabilities as well as the size of project budget and number of team members. They oversee all phases of projects from conception to completion utilizing PMI standards.
2. Incumbents assigned to positions designated to perform Information Technology Project Management may be required to possess Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP).
3. The Solutions Architect is limited to the Department of Administrative Services, Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology and Centers of Information Technology Excellence as identified by the statewide Chief Information Officer. Managers functioning in this capacity oversee all aspects of solution architect projects which includes the development of technology solutions and mapping business requirements to systems and technical requirements ensuring alignment with the enterprise architectural plan.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.