Boating Education/Outreach/Certification Unit
Old Lyme, CT
|Date Opened||1/18/2019 3:15:00 PM|
|Salary||$12.00 - 14.00 per hour|
|Close Date||2/15/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP), Bureau of Outdoor Recreation, Boating Division, is currently seeking to fill a Seasonal Resource Assistant position in the Boating Education/Outreach/Certification Unit.The position is located at DEEP Marine Headquarters located at 333 Ferry Road, Old Lyme, CT.
Candidates must be a Connecticut State Certified Boating Instructor with a willingness to expand our safe boating classes throughout Connecticut while ensuring students receive a quality safe boating education class.
Hours per Week: 35 hours per week. Work hours may vary daily. Monday through Friday with some evening and weekend work required.
Salary: Pay rate varies from $12.00 - 14.00 per hour depending on education and experience. No benefits
Length of position: Six months from date of hire, but no greater than 1040 hours total.
Note: Do not submit a cover letter. Applicants must only include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Any inquiries regarding the status of your application for this position must be made directly to: Gwendolynn Flynn, Environmental Analyst, 860-447-4339, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is non-competitive.
Candidates must be a Connecticut State Certified Boating Instructor.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s license.
1. Incumbents in these classes who are assigned as patrol persons or supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in these classes may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing patrol officer functions must currently possess Police Officer Standard Training (POST) certification or be eligible for POST recertification without completing the Basic Training program again (i.e. must be current or retired within two (2) years of last POST certified required employment) or Connecticut State Police (CSP) Academy certification (must be current or retired within two (2) years of last CSP certified required employment). Must pass a seasonal patroller training course as approved by the Connecticut State Police.
4. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.