Target Class: Qualified Craft Worker (Auto/Mech)
East Haven, CT
|Date Opened||1/9/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$45,763 - $59,425/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||1/18/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT) seeks qualified applicants for the position of Transportation Maintainer 3. This Transportation Maintainer 3 position has a target class of Qualified Craft Worker (Automotive and Mechanical Equipment) TC 18, and is responsible for working as a skilled mechanic to perform repair and maintenance of diesel trucks and heavy construction equipment, including diagnostics utilizing automotive repair software.
This is a 37.5-hour per week position located in the East Haven Repair Facility. The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Incumbents in this class must be willing to accept assignment to emergency duties, including snow and ice removal, whenever his or her services are needed; this includes mandatory winter overtime from November 1 through April 30.
The successful candidate will be required to live within 30 miles of the job location.
In order to be eligible to apply and be considered for this job opening, you must:
•Have a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with Tank endorsement;
•Possess a valid Medical Examiner's Card (MEC);
•Meet the meet the Minimum Qualifications;
•Meet the Preferred Qualifications, and;
•Specify these qualifications on your application.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position. Applicants invited to interview will be required to produce a copy of their current valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class A or B, with Tank endorsement, valid Medical Examiner's Card (MEC); and a thoroughly completed Connecticut Department of Transportation Commercial Driver Supplement (CTDOT-CDL-1).
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account.
The candidate pool resulting from this posting may be used to fill Transportation Maintainer 3 vacancies that occur at the Department of Transportation Repair Facilities within the next twelve (12) months.
Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Michele Joyce at email@example.com.
The following is a listing of examples of trucks, equipment, tasks or related duties, the operating, maintaining or
performing of which are considered to be the responsibilities and duties of positions in this class:
- Elevation platform
- Line marking machine (10 wheel, barrel type)
- Concrete saws
- Core drills
- 12-22 foot flail mower (tractor)
- Four wheel drive airport snow fighter
- Front end loaders
- Hand operated pavement marking machine
- Mechanical catch basin cleaning
- Power Driven Rollers
- Power pickup sweepers
- Shotcrete, gunite machines
- Tilt Bed Trailers
- Post Pounder (driver only)
- Vactor (driver only)
- Track-mounted skid steer with various attachments including but not limited to: standard bucket, grapple bucket, mower, snow blower, sweeper, dozer blade
- Drainage pipe setting
- Driver of wing truck with plows attached during snow and ice truck operations
- Performing skilled tasks in one or more of the following areas or trades: construction, maintenance, mechanical repair, electrical, carpentry, masonry, welding, automotive and heavy equipment mechanical repair, plumbing and painting.
- Test boring
- Skilled tree climber
- Inspector of VIP projects
- District Office Radio Operator (backup)
- Service patrol
- Sign erector (general)
- Pothole patcher operator
- May supervise a Materials Management Stockroom
- In addition to other duties, may assist a Transportation Maintenance Manager in preparing and checking reports
- Wildlife hazard control - Radio monitoring and communication - Escort vendors, contractors, etc. in secure areas (State owned airports only)
In addition to other duties incumbents in this class may be required to receive training in, stand by for and
respond to fire and/or crash emergency situations at State-owned airports; performs related duties as required.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.