Hamden UI Claim Operations
|Date Opened||9/11/2018 07:40:00 AM|
|Salary||$56,434 - $70,469/year|
|Job Type||Open to Agency Employees|
|Close Date||9/24/2018 11:59:00 PM|
The Department of Labor (DOL) has a critical business need to fill a Labor Department Resource Associate in the targeted program area of UI Claims Operations.
DOL is seeking to reclass one (1) DOL employee to a Resource Associate in UI Claims Operations in Hamden, CT. This opportunity is available to permanent agency employees only, who meet all of the Minimum Qualifications outlined below, and is contingent on final approval by DAS and OPM.
This position's specific duties are:
1. Meeting with the Labor Department upgrades team and the Salesforce developers to discuss upgrades and potential projects.
2. Writing business requirements for upgrades to the Labor Department's Salesforce website.
3. Writing test scripts to plan the testing of the updated functionality that the developers provide based on the Business Requirements we provided them.
4. Executing the Test Scripts to ensure expected functionality is properly implemented by the developer.
5. Supporting Director with the overall Business side administration of the Salesforce platform; identify ongoing issues and troubleshooting, resolving issues or contacting appropriate vendors to resolve system issues, maintaining platform functionality.
6. Assisting statewide ES & UI staff with systematic issues; assisting customers and resolving functionality issues, assisting Benefit Payment Control Unit staff to ensure program integrity, assisting internal IT staff with processing of various data transfer batches.
7. Developing time-based workflows for email/text messaging.
8. Processing submitted UI claims.
9. Developing and generating reports to review claim data to identify fraudulent filing.
10. Developing website functionality to enhance either the staff's experience with the website or the claimant's experience with the website.
11. Performing Live Chat functions to assist claimants.
12. Adjudication of single party non-monetary cases.
13. Training statewide UI Benefits and ES staff in the use of the Saleforce platform.
This is a full-time, first shift position.
This position requires a valid driver's license. The position is required to travel.
This position is competitive.
Please be advised this is a promotional opportunity for employees in the Department of Labor. The selected employee will be promoted by reclassification in his or her position. This is NOT A VACANCY and, therefore, merit system and reemployment rules do not apply.
Candidates selected for interview must provide the following at the time of interview:
Last two performance appraisals.
Failure to provide the required documents or submit your application accurately and on time, will eliminate you from the recruitment process.
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been in program development, automation support, grants and contract development, monitoring and evaluation or training and/or technical assistance.
Note: For State employees, this is interpreted at the level of a Labor Department Associate Community Services Representative performing work in the targeted program area.
1. College training may be substituted for the General experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in public administration, business management or a closely related area may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
3. For State employees, one (1) year of experience as a Labor Department Adjudications Specialist, Labor Department Career Development Specialist or Labor Department Business Services Specialist performing technical work in the targeted program area may be substituted for the General and Special Experience.
1. Incumbents in this class assigned to veterans program positions will be required to meet the qualifications set forth in Title 38, i.e. must be veterans, preferably disabled veterans, or other qualified, eligible persons. Any employee who bumps a Labor Department Resource Associate in a veterans program position must meet the eligibility requirements under Title 38.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
3. Incumbents in this class may be required to speak a foreign language.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.