|Date Opened||9/6/2018 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,721* - $61,096/year (*New hires to State employment start at minimum of salary range)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||9/20/2018 11:59:00 PM|
The Connecticut Technical Educational & Career System (CTECS) is recruiting for a full-time Secretary 2 position. This position will provide executive-level support to the CTECS Superintendent, in addition to filling a critical liaison role between CTECS and its Board. Statewide travel, event management, meeting coordination, and ability to communicate, both written and oral, with state agencies, government leaders, and school personnel are critical elements of the position. An ability to think creatively, problem-solve, and cultivate and retain relationships of trust are essential qualities. As CTECS undergoes systemic growth and organizational transformation, it is important that this person be able to manage a certain level of ambiguity and change. This position is located at 39 Woodland Street in Hartford and is a 12-month position, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. This position may require travel.
*New State Employees start at minimum salary range.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Debra Paradis at firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 713-6695.
Incumbents perform a variety of secretarial duties as illustrated in the following areas:
1. TYPING: Using a personal computer or other electronic equipment, formats and types a full range of correspondence, reports, bills, drafts, etc. from rough draft, transcription, dictated notes, etc. Proofreads for content; edits using knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
2. FILING: Designs office filing systems; organizes and maintains files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and reviews reference materials and manuals.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes complex letters and/or memoranda, etc. (e.g. explaining department practices/policies) for own or supervisor's signature.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles information from a variety of sources and prepares narrative or statistical reports, exercising judgment in the selection of items to be included.
5. INTERPERSONAL: Greets and directs visitors; answers phones and screens incoming calls; provides advice to callers regarding policy and procedures (e.g. citing a regulation to solve a specific problem); coordinates with others both within and outside of the organization on a variety of non-routine matters.
6. PROCESSING: Screens letters, memos, reports and other materials to determine action required; may make recommendations to the supervisor.
7. PERSONAL SECRETARY: Arranges and coordinates meetings (including space and equipment); researches, assembles and coordinates meeting materials (e.g. charts, graphs, reports); writes minutes of meetings, lectures, conferences, etc. from rough draft; takes notes using shorthand, speedwriting or machine transcription; prepares expense accounts; makes travel arrangements.
8. OFFICE MANAGEMENT: Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment; orders supplies when necessary; completes, processes and maintains paperwork for purchasing (e.g. orders, requisitions, invoices, etc.); maintains time and attendance records; assists in preparing and monitoring the office budget (e.g. compiles figures, reviews statistical reports, verifies expense items); designs and initiates new forms and procedures to facilitate workflow; performs related duties as required.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.