The Department of Social Services is recruiting for a Durational Project Manager located in Central Office. The Durational Project Manager shall provide expertise for the Department and support the administration and implementation of enhanced and programmatically aligned employment and training in the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) programs.
All applicants must include a resume within the “Resume Tab” of their application.Candidates invited to interview will be required to submit two (2) business references at time of interview. Current state employees will be required to submit their last two (2) performance evaluations at the time of interview.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Ronnell Young at Ronnel.Young@ct.gov at (860) 424-5691.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency makes or conducts a special inquiry, investigation, examination or installation pursuant to Section 5-198(n) of the Connecticut General Statutes.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
The position will:
- Have understanding and expertise in the intended outcome of the President’s Executive Order – Reducing Poverty in America by Promoting Opportunity and Economic Mobility.
- Assist in the evaluation, reexamination and restructuring of the TANF program within the Department and Jobs First Employment Services (JFES) at the Department of Labor.
- Assist in the evaluation and alignment of SNAP Employment and Training (E&T) and Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
- Responsible for ensuring that all internal and external partners are engaged in the process of designing and implementing changes to the TANF program and JFES component.
- Assess the potential for change in existing partnerships and engaging new partners in both the TANF and SNAP E&T Programs.
- Oversee the execution and management of contracts formed with new partners.
- Will work as a liaison with any other state agencies as identified.
- Will work with the Regional Workforce Boards, American Job Centers and other Community Based Organizations as needed.
- Will research and evaluate other state’s TANF and SNAP E&T programs for applicability to Connecticut.
- Will review regulations and state statutes and recommend revisions to such as needed.
- Assist in the development of a universal consent to facilitate information sharing for TANF participants.
- Evaluate employment and training policies and practices across programs in order to develop and implement consistency across programs where allowed by state and federal law.
- Develop a plan to increase administrative capacity within the TANF and SNAP E&T programs.
- Knowledge and expertise in Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) programs.
- Experience liaising with federal, state and Regional Workforce Boards, American Job Centers and other Community Based Organizations.
- Experience evaluating employment and training policies and practices.
- Considerable oral and written communication skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.