University of Connecticut
|Date Opened||5/22/2018 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,163 - $66,238/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||6/24/2018 11:59:00 PM|
UConn’s Facilities Operations & Building Services Department has three job openings for Power Plant Operator 1’s. These are permanent, full-time positions, with a rotating eight-hour shift. Hourly salary is $24.51 and is non-negotiable. A full benefit package including medical and dental insurance is available. These positions may be eligible for weekend and shift differential pay.
Questions pertaining to these positions should be directed to UConn HR’s Services Unit phone number, 860-486-3034.
In order to be considered for these job openings, you must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the job opening and must specify your qualifications on your application.
If selected for an interview, you will be asked to provide the following: last two (2) performance appraisals and attendance records for the last two (2) years (current state employees only) OR the names, titles and phone numbers of three, current professional references (non-state employees).
Employment of the successful candidates will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment physical examination, including drug testing, as well as a criminal background check.
One (1) to two (2) years of experience in a power plant or industrial setting to include the operation, maintenance and repair of steam boilers, generators or other mechanical equipment.
Note: Based on an individual’s technical experience, the length of credited service will be determined at the discretion of facility management.
1. Graduation from a vocational or technical school with a diploma in a program related to mechanical equipment, mechanical engineering or related field may be substituted for the General Experience.
2. College training in mechanical engineering or a related field may be substituted for the General Experience. Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience.
3. Two (2) years of successful completion in the Power Plant Operator Trainee class may be substituted for the General Experience of the Power Plant Operator 1 class. Incumbents in the Power Plant Operator Trainee class who do not successfully complete the trainee period and/or acquire the required skills and knowledge may not advance to the Power Plant Operator 1 class.
Job requires use of a respirator, hearing protection and periodic examinations thereafter. Applicant must possess a current motor vehicle operator license.
These positions are categorized as Emergency Support Services/Essential Staff. Must be willing and able to work during emergency closures/delayed openings due to inclement weather or for significant events that effect campus operations.
1. Incumbents in this class must have adequate physical strength, stamina, physical agility and visual and auditory acuity, and must maintain such physical fitness as to be able to perform the duties.
2. A physical examination may be required.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp
Information concerning the University’s policies regarding the Cleary Act Statement, Non-Discrimination Policy, Accommodations for Applicants with Disabilities and Recruiting Veterans can be found on UConn’s Job page at: https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs/
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.