Bargaining Unit: SEIU 1021 - Misc Prof/Tech (011)
$21.66-$23.25 Hourly / $1,624.50-$1,743.75 BiWeekly /
$3,519.75-$3,778.13 Monthly / $42,237.00-$45,337.50 Yearly
Under close supervision, in a training capacity, to learn fundamentals used in examining, analyzing, and verifying fiscal records and reports; to assist with the more routine duties involved in performing varied technical accounting, auditing, and statistical work; to participate in the preparation of analytical, narrative, statistical, and accounting reports; and to do related work as required.
This is a trainee class designed to allow persons without a college degree entry into the Auditor series. Employees serve as much as two years, during which they receive on-the-job training and are provided paid time off to complete the necessary requirement leading to an AA degree. At the completion of the training program, Auditor-Interns are expected to qualify for appointment to Accountant-Auditor.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Each individual in the classification does not necessarily perform all duties listed.
1. Learns the duties involved in carrying out departmental field audits, which include reviewing departmental financial statements and reports for technical defects and arithmetical accuracy, examining fiscal records and spot check entries, and preparing worksheets and narrative and statistical reports on findings.
2. Learns procedures involved in preparing a variety of detailed accounting, statistical and narrative reports; posting, adjusting, and balancing accounts; and auditing claims, checks, warrants, and vouchers for arithmetical accuracy, for legality, and for budget classification.
3. Assists in compiling for departmental review or incorporation into a summary report a variety of individual statements and reports required by state and federal agencies participating in County programs.
4. Attends college classes.
5. Performs routine office duties relating to preparing, maintaining, or checking financial records.
Possession of a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent,
The equivalent of one year of recent experience in fiscal clerical work.
Successful completion of the equivalent of one year of elementary accounting or the equivalent of one year of general bookkeeping or accounting at an accredited college or other training institution.
Some acceptable combination of education and appropriate experience.
Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator’s license.
Employees will be required to furnish an automobile.
NOTE: The Civil Service Commission may modify the above Minimum Qualifications in the announcement of an examination.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
NOTE: The level and scope of the following knowledge and abilities are related to duties listed under the “Examples of Duties” section of this specification.
· Learn the purposes, methods and practices of financial record keeping.
· Write clear, concise reports.
· Work effectively with the public.
· Prepare and understand financial reports.
· Make arithmetical computations quickly and accurately.
· Operate standard office machines.
· Keep accurate and detailed records.
· Follow written and oral instructions.
· Assemble and analyze data and draw logical conclusions from it.
CLASS SPEC HISTORY
Old document: 4/18/73
Retyped lh: 4/6/76
New document: Jobspecs/0128
Alameda County offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that affords wide-ranging health care options to meet the different needs of a diverse workforce and their families. We also sponsor many different employee discount, fitness and health screening programs focused on overall well being. These benefits include but are not limited to*:
For your Health & Well-Being
For your Financial Future
For your Work/Life Balance
*Eligibility is determined by Alameda County and offerings may vary by collective bargaining agreement. This provides a brief summary of the benefits offered and can be subject to change.