The City of New Haven, one of Connecticut’s largest urban centers representing a major hub for business activity, architecture, culture and entertainment is seeking a high caliber individual for the position of City Controller. This is a dynamic hands-on position that offers the right candidate the opportunity to set the direction of change and make a significant contribution to the future growth and financial health of the City.
The Controller is responsible for oversight and administration of the City’s General Fund budget, its Special Revenue Funds (state and federal grants) and Capital Bonding Funds. In providing stewardship for the City’s funds and accounts, the City Controller reports directly to the Mayor and is responsible for the leadership, management and operation of a broad spectrum of functional areas including: Accounting and Financial Management, Purchasing and Procurement, Risk Management, Debt Issuance and Management, Tax Collection and Assessment, Payroll/Pension and Information Technology.
This position covered by the Executive Management & Confidential Employee Policy, available to review HERE.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of: (1) a pre-employment background check, (2) a pre-employment physical examination, including pre-employment drug screening, and (3) a 90-day probationary period. Instructions and information on this pre-employment process are included in Conditional Offer of Employment.
Applications will be reviewed by the Department of Human Resources and the hiring department. It is critical that you complete the application thoroughly, as the information you provide will be used to ascertain if you are eligible to move forward in the selection process, and in some cases, this information may be used to determine the eligibility list.
Information regarding the employment and selection process can be found HERE.Please note that the only method of communication with applicants for this position will be by email. You must provide a valid, working email address and you will need to monitor your email, including spam/junk folders, for correspondence from the New Haven Human Resources Department.
- Complete your User Registration. You are encouraged to save your Applicant Profile for future use.
- You MUST click on the job posting you are interested in, and click Apply or Apply Online from within that posting.
- MAKE SURE the job you are applying for is named at the top of the page as you review your application!
- Review or modify your application for that position
- Click "Ready to Send App" or the "Send" tab; read page and click the attestation
- Click "Send to City of New Haven"
- You will be redirected to "CONFIRMATION OF EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION SUBMISSION"
- You will also receive an email and text, if a number was provided, confirming your submission
- If you do not receive this confirmation in the next 24 hours, your application has not been submitted - please contact us at NHJobs@newhavenct.gov
Please Note, your Profile is NOT an application for an open position. After you create your Applicant Profile, you must still click on a Job Title and complete the application as instructed for each position.
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|