The City of Charlotte is the largest municipality in North Carolina and the 17th largest city in the United States, with a total population of more than 872,498 citizens. A major commerce center, Charlotte hosts several of the nation’s largest banks and technology companies. We work hard to ensure that the community will be a winning city for everyone – a truly remarkable place to live, work, learn and play. Join us in helping to keep our City thriving, ensuring upward mobility and advancement in the workplace.
Also known as the Queen City, Charlotte is home to the Charlotte Douglas International Airport which ranks as the 5th busiest airport in the United States and serves as a HUB for American Airlines. With a forward-thinking philosophy and a focus on constant growth, CLT sees itself as an Airport of the future.
The Technology Support Supervisor will be responsible for leading the Airport technology technical support team to provide excellent customer service and resolve technical issues for customers and tenants at Charlotte Douglas International Airport. This position provides administrative and technical support to the Technology Support Manager and serves as the shift supervisor for contracted technical support personnel.
This Supervisor position works an assigned shift in a 24/7/365 operation. The schedule is subject to irregular hours, overtime and emergency calls back to work. The schedule is Sundays – Wednesdays 1pm – 12am. A 2nd shift position is eligible for a 2.5% shift differential.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage Airport help desk contracted technical support personnel & evaluate staff performance
• Ensure customer service is timely & accurate daily
• Assist with training of Tech Help technicians
• On your shift, answer rotation cell phone calls for support.
• Maintain customer service standards
• Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding to queries & handling complaints through ticketing system
• Establish best practices through entire technical support process & help build documentation libraries
• Follow up with customers to identify areas of improvement
• Help maintain daily / weekly / monthly reports on help desk team’s productivity
• Provide customer feedback to appropriate internal teams
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Degree in Computer Science / Business Administration / related field
• Excellent interpersonal skills & demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff within CLT Airport
• Experience leading support team
• Managing team workload through work order system
• Excellent organizational skills in order to prioritize multiple tasks / develop / analyze / revise procedures / meet deadlines / work in environment of heavy pressures & changing priorities
• Demonstrated oral / written communication skills & ability to compose correspondence / reports
• Demonstrated experience with computerized systems / database management / spreadsheet / word-processing programs to manipulate data & create reports
• Ability to use independent judgment & initiative to accomplish tasks
• Ability to troubleshoot problems & develop creative solutions
• Resourceful / self-directing / ability to flourish in fast-paced & demanding work environment
• Be a self-starter / strong technical background / customer service experience
• Problem-solving with ability to motivate team to achieve specific goals
• Ensure high quality technical support & increase client satisfaction to internal / external customers
• Associate degree
• Two years of experience in technical support leadership
• Previous supervisory experience
High School Diploma or GED plus 5 years of experience
Associate degree plus 3 years of experience
Bachelor's Degree plus 1 year of experience
Conditions of Employment
The City’s Background Check Policy requires background checks to be conducted on final internal or external candidate(s) applying for any position with the City of Charlotte. The type of information that will be collected as part of a background check includes, but is not limited to reference checks, social security verification, education verification, criminal conviction record check, and, if applicable, a credit history check, sex offender registry and motor vehicle records check.
Background checks must be in compliance with all federal and state statutes, such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The checks must be consistent with the guidelines set forth by these laws requiring organizations to obtain a candidate’s written authorization before obtaining a criminal background report, motor vehicle records check or credit report; and to properly store and dispose of information derived from such reports.
Final candidates must pass a pre-employment drug-screening test and physical examination. During the selection process, candidates may be asked to take a skills test, and/or participate in other assessments.
This position is located at The CLT Airport and therefore requires the candidate to pass a CHRC (Criminal History Records Check) and a clearance check from the TSA.
The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, will consider reasonable accommodations as required by law.
How To Apply
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job.
You are welcome to visit the City of Charlotte Human Resources Department lobby where we have workstations available. Our office is located at 700 East 4th Street, Suite 200, Charlotte, NC 28202. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST), excluding official City holidays.
Anyone seeking an accommodation to apply for a job may call (704) 336-2285 for assistance or you may email questions to CityHrJobPostingsNotify@ci.charlotte.nc.us.
The City of Charlotte provides a comprehensive benefits package to all employees.
Click here to learn more about the City of Charlotte’s benefits.
The City of Charlotte is a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
If you have technical issues submitting your application, click here.