• Manage daily recruitment process to include: (ensuring positions are posted within PeopleSoft, E-Recruit Module, JobAps processing new hires for civilians, answer general recruitment questions, update recruiting materials and conducting new hire orientation).
• Knowledge and experience in conducting all levels of recruitment and HR processing functions.
• Processes and reviews department transactions in PeopleSoft (New hires, transfers, terminations, etc.); audits and signs off on transactions processed; follow up with divisions to make corrections.
• Process weekly payroll function for assigned areas; process prior period adjustments and resolve payroll issues.
• Organize and attend career/college fairs and recruitment events to build a strong candidate pipeline and expose city opportunities.
• Submits certification lump sum requests.
• Develop and conduct training for employment, recruitment, and talent acquisition practices.
• Review, revise, and create job descriptions and interview questions that reflect the requirements for each position; assist with interviews and the panel interview process.
• Ability to analyze administrative problems & make sound recommendations for resolution / prepare working procedures.
• Facilitate CMPD Retirement out-processing briefings
• Retirement Projections:
o Year-out meetings determining date, payouts, supplement amounts, pension estimate
• Point of contact for Service Purchases:
o Military Buybacks, Out-of-State Service, Temporary Position Service, Withdrawn Service
• Performs other related job duties as assigned.
• Professional and personable with the ability to exercise sound judgement when dealing with sensitive and confidential matters.
• Demonstrates accountability and thinks critically.
• Ability to function as a lead team member and work effectively with customers.
• Ability to prioritize effectively, think independently and problem solve to ensure all projects are completed in an effective and timely manner.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) at an intermediate level of competency.
• Working experience with PeopleSoft or other human capital management systems.
ADA and Other Requirements:
Positions in this class typically require: grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
• Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting, standing, climbing, or walking extended periods of time
• Light to moderate lifting and carrying; some crouching, stooping, squatting, crawling, reaching, pushing, and pulling when performing tasks
• Adequate vision, hearing, and speech required
• Concentrated and attentive use of one or more senses (visual, audio, and other sensory modalities) for proof reading, data entry, tabulating data
• Ability to operate in an environment with frequent interruptions from people and or noises, which in return could result in some level of stress, fatigue, or strain
• Comprehensive of written information in work related documents
• Ability to hear, understand, and distinguish speech
Work is performed in an indoor office environment with moderate exposure to atmospheric conditions; moderate exposure to environmental conditions (such as officers, community members, victims, etc.); and frequent exposure to computer screens, files and phone.
The City’s Background Check Policy requires background
checks to be conducted on final internal or external candidate(s) applying for
any position with the City of Charlotte. The type of information that will be
collected as part of a background check includes, but is not limited to:
reference checks, social security verification, education verification,
criminal conviction record check, and, if applicable, a credit history check,
sex offender registry and motor vehicle records check.
Background checks must be in compliance with all
federal and state statutes, such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The
checks must be consistent with the guidelines set forth by these laws requiring
organizations to obtain a candidate’s written authorization before obtaining a
criminal background report, motor vehicle records check or credit report; and
to properly store and dispose of information derived from such reports.
The City of Charlotte requires proof of COVID-19
vaccination as a condition of employment for any new City of Charlotte
employees. The City is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, and as such, will consider reasonable accommodations as
required by law.
Final candidates must pass a pre-employment
drug-screening test and physical examination. During the selection process,
candidates may be asked to take a skills test, and/or participate in other