The City of Charlotte is the largest municipality in North Carolina and the 17th largest city in the United States, with a total population of more than 872,498 citizens. A major commerce center, Charlotte hosts several of the nation’s largest banks and technology companies.
Also known as the Queen City, Charlotte is home to the Carolina Panthers, the Charlotte Hornets and the NASCAR Hall of Fame. We work hard to ensure that the community will be a winning city for everyone – a truly remarkable place to live, work, learn and play. Join us in helping to keep our City thriving, ensuring upward mobility and advancement in the workplace.
This position is based at Charlotte Douglas International Airport and provides support for federal Civil Rights programs, including the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program, and Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) Program. This position reports to the Office of Civil Rights Manager and requires considerable initiative, compliance knowledge, contact with the public and critical thinking.
• Primarily works business hours, Monday - Friday. Schedule subject to calls and work during irregular hours, overtime, and emergency calls back to work.
• Valid driver’s license in state of residency and ability to obtain and maintain City driving permit.
• Ability to pass a background check in advance of start date required. Certain convictions will disqualify individuals from unescorted access privileges and therefore exclude from employment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities may include (but will not be limited to):
1. Attend and present at pre-proposal and pre-bid conferences, bid openings, selection meetings and project kick off meetings.
2. Create and analyze DBE and ACDBE goals for federally funded Airport projects.
3. Enter post-award contract information utilizing software programs such as B2GNow and Munis.
4. Evaluate projects and contracts for subcontracting opportunities for participation by DBE and ACDBE firms.
5. Perform site visits, interviews and collect appropriate documentation to ensure compliance with programs.
6. Perform reviews of concession, joint venture and subcontractor agreements to ensure compliance with federal guidelines and provisions.
7. Maintain contract information and track/analyze contracts to goal, contract payments and subcontractor additions/deletions to ensure achievement toward project/contract goal and program compliance.
8. Participate in mediations as needed and propose solutions for any project-based conflicts that may arise.
9. Conduct Good Faith Efforts review and manage sub termination/replacement process as applicable.
10. Responsible for all project based compliance reporting.
11. Ensure that sub-contractors/sub-consultants are confirming payments in the InclusionCLT system and follow up via email and phone calls if deadline for confirmation is missed.
12. Perform post-proposal and post-bid goal compliance to ensure that firms have met the DBE or ACDBE goal for the project.
13. Update and maintain approved RCA (Request for Council Action) records for all federally funded projects.
14. Monitor and respond to support tickets/requests from vendors in the InclusionCLT system, ensuring the resolution occurs in a timely manner.
15. Review and assess ACDBE certification applications and perform site reviews in conjunction with NCDOT. Request additional information as needed.
16. Present program information at various virtual and in-person community outreach events.
17. Participate in industry groups and organizations that help further diversity and inclusion in contracting and concessions.
18. Assist with the logistical planning and implementation of outreach events.
19. Collect and review Davis Bacon wages to ensure compliance with federal guidelines
20. Provides any additional support as needed.
Major coursework should be in business administration or related field. Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
High School Graduate or Equivalent and three years related work experience
Associate's Degree with one year related work experience
Conditions of Employment
The City’s Background Check Policy requires background checks to be conducted on final internal or external candidate(s) applying for any position with the City of Charlotte. The type of information that will be collected as part of a background check includes, but is not limited to: reference checks, social security verification, education verification, criminal conviction record check, and, if applicable, a credit history check, sex offender registry and motor vehicle records check.
Background checks must be in compliance with all federal and state statutes, such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The checks must be consistent with the guidelines set forth by these laws requiring organizations to obtain a candidate’s written authorization before obtaining a criminal background report, motor vehicle records check or credit report; and to properly store and dispose of information derived from such reports.
Final candidates must pass a pre-employment drug-screening test and physical examination. During the selection process, candidates may be asked to take a skills test, and/or participate in other assessments.
The City of Charlotte is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job.
You are welcome to visit the City of Charlotte Human Resources Department lobby where we have workstations available. Our office is located at 700 East 4th Street, Suite 200, Charlotte, NC 28202. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST), excluding official City holidays.
Anyone seeking an accommodation to apply for a job may call (704) 336-2285 for assistance or you may email questions to CityHrJobPostingsNotify@ci.charlotte.nc.us.
The City of Charlotte provides a comprehensive benefits package to all employees.
Click here to learn more about the City of Charlotte’s benefits.
The City of Charlotte is a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
If you have technical issues submitting your application, click here.