The City of Charlotte is the largest municipality in North Carolina and the 17th largest city in the United States, with a total population of more than 872,498 citizens. A major commerce center, Charlotte hosts several of the nation’s largest banks and technology companies.
Also known as the Queen City, Charlotte is home to the Carolina Panthers, the Charlotte Hornets and the NASCAR Hall of Fame. We work hard to ensure that the community will be a winning city for everyone – a truly remarkable place to live, work, learn and play. Join us in helping to keep our City thriving, ensuring upward mobility and advancement in the workplace.
The Parking and Ground Transportation Revenue Analyst is responsible for developing, supporting, and executing strategies, techniques, and processes to increase parking and ground transportation revenue through proactive yield management. Support the Parking and Ground Transportation operations by performing benchmarking, data analysis, and contract management.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Airport’s Online Booking Service (OBS) provider to identify the plan and strategy for revenue maximization and ancillary revenue generation.
- Apply relevant yield management demand forecasting techniques and develop/implement optimization algorithms to maximize revenue across all parking products.
- Understand and measure consumer behavior to create pricing strategies and price points that appeal to different customer segments and maximize revenue.
- Analyze and interpret parking and ground transportation data to provide quality analytical analysis and insight to inform pricing decisions, marketing campaigns and other creative ideas to improve the customer experience and increase revenue.
- Perform benchmarking and data analysis to identify trends, gain insight, and understand the parking business status.
- Recommends and implements the parking product and pricing annual strategy, including seasonal and special events pricing.
- Actively monitor market changes, pricing, products, and capacity of off-site competitors to assess and refine the Airport’s product and pricing based on occupancy and demand.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent critical thinking, and communication skills
- A track record in delivering and continually improving on the customer (both internal and external) experience
- An ability to understand data patterns and relate them to performance/environmental factors
- Ability to collect & report metrics, deliver results and meet deadlines
- Proven team-based leadership skills and associated behaviors with an ability to motivate, lead and inspire both individuals and staff groups
- Outstanding time-management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently to accomplish objectives
- Ability to identify the key areas of the parking and ground transportation business for development
- Ability to perform financial and business analyses to build business cases and justify and implement capex projects
- Demonstrated use of Excel – intermediate to advanced proficiency
- Strong focus on strategical and innovative initiatives that improve our customer experience, while working and conferring with internal stakeholders to continuously enhance our product offerings
- Demonstrated intermediate experience using Excel to manage large data sets is required.
- Experience with Tableau and/or Power BI is preferred.
Bachelor's Degree and three years related work experience
Master's Degree and one year related work experience
Conditions of Employment
The City’s Background Check Policy requires background checks to be conducted on final internal or external candidate(s) applying for any position with the City of Charlotte. The type of information that will be collected as part of a background check includes, but is not limited to: reference checks, social security verification, education verification, criminal conviction record check, and, if applicable, a credit history check, sex offender registry and motor vehicle records check.
Background checks must be in compliance with all federal and state statutes, such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The checks must be consistent with the guidelines set forth by these laws requiring organizations to obtain a candidate’s written authorization before obtaining a criminal background report, motor vehicle records check or credit report; and to properly store and dispose of information derived from such reports.
Final candidates must pass a pre-employment drug-screening test and physical examination. During the selection process, candidates may be asked to take a skills test, and/or participate in other assessments.
The City of Charlotte is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job.
You are welcome to visit the City of Charlotte Human Resources Department lobby where we have workstations available. Our office is located at 700 East 4th Street, Suite 200, Charlotte, NC 28202. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST), excluding official City holidays.
Anyone seeking an accommodation to apply for a job may call (704) 336-2285 for assistance or you may email questions to CityHrJobPostingsNotify@ci.charlotte.nc.us.
The City of Charlotte provides a comprehensive benefits package to all employees.
Click here to learn more about the City of Charlotte’s benefits.
The City of Charlotte is a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
If you have technical issues submitting your application, click here.