This position provides administrative support for major administrative functions and processes for the budget area within the Field Operations Division. Work involves researching and analyzing data; preparing documents, and reports; supporting budget, inventory, purchasing, and invoicing processes; maintaining databases; training programs; maintaining related files; and providing customer service. This position also provides clerical support, such as typing, filing, ordering supplies, and distributing mail.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Creates requisitions for purchase of goods or services in Munis.
• Monitors the APDQ and helps resolve discrepancies daily.
• Oversees P-Card program for Field Operations by monitoring reconciliation status, ensuring consistent coding, and acting as a first level approver.
• Works closely with Budget & Finance Analyst Sr. and assists with coordination of budget and procurement activities.
• Sets up new vendors in system, troubleshoots any vendor issues, and serves as point of contact.
• Provides customer service to internal and external customers.
• Orders supplies; supports department inventory activities.
• Performs special assignments for management; participates in special projects; and prepares periodic and special reports as requested.
• Performs administrative tasks such as word processing, completing spreadsheets copying, filing, faxing, entering data, making calculations, and processing mail.
• Performs research of information; enters data; extracts data for analysis; and prepares, maintains, and produces lists, tables, and reports as requested.
• Provides essential training in Munis; keeps up to date on changes to policies and procedures; disseminates applicable information to employees.
• Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of Munis, CityWorks, Concur, Microsoft Office, including Outlook and Teams and any other software used within assigned area.
• Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs.
• Knowledge of budget and accounting.
• Knowledge of the procurement process.
• Knowledge of customer service.
• Skill in communicating, both verbally and in writing.
• Skill in establishing interpersonal effective working relationships.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks within a team atmosphere.
• Ability to plan, direct, and oversee the work of others as assigned.
The work is sedentary work and requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required: manual dexterity, reaching, speaking, and talking
• High school diploma or GED with one year of related experience with public administration involving large field staff and support services or
• Associate degree or 2-year college degree with related field.
• Prefer two (2) years of related work experience with public administration involving large field staff and support services.
Licenses, Certifications or Registrations:
• Requires valid driver’s license.
$51,317.00 - $57,018.00 Commensurate with Experience
Conditions of Employment
The City’s Background Check Policy requires background checks to be conducted on final internal or external candidate(s) applying for any position with the City of Charlotte. The type of information that will be collected as part of a background check includes, but is not limited to: reference checks, social security verification, education verification, criminal conviction record check, and, if applicable, a credit history check, sex offender registry and motor vehicle records check.
Background checks must be in compliance with all federal and state statutes, such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The checks must be consistent with the guidelines set forth by these laws requiring organizations to obtain a candidate’s written authorization before obtaining a criminal background report, motor vehicle records check or credit report; and to properly store and dispose of information derived from such reports.
Final candidates must pass a pre-employment drug-screening test and physical examination. During the selection process, candidates may be asked to take a skills test, and/or participate in other assessments.
The City of Charlotte requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, will consider reasonable accommodations as required by law.
The City of Charlotte is an Equal Opportunity Employer.