The City of Charlotte is the largest municipality in North Carolina and the 17th largest city in the United States, with a total population of more than 872,498 citizens. A major commerce center, Charlotte hosts several of the nation’s largest banks and technology companies.
Also known as the Queen City, Charlotte is home to the Carolina Panthers, the Charlotte Hornets and the NASCAR Hall of Fame. We work hard to ensure that the community will be a winning city for everyone – a truly remarkable place to live, work, learn and play. Join us in helping to keep our City thriving, ensuring upward mobility and advancement in the workplace.
Airport Trusted Agents are members of the airport Security Operations Team that interact directly with CLT customers and tenant stakeholders in the airport Credentialing Office. Trusted Agents, obtain, validate and process various regulatory and security related background checks including employee testing, identification and work authorization validation, biographical information collection and safeguarding, fingerprinting, employee vetting and issuance of airport identification badges in accordance with various local and federal governing requirements.
All applicants must successfully pass and maintain an active TSA Security Threat Assessment (STA) and Criminal History Records Check (CHRC). Certain convictions will disqualify individuals from unescorted access privileges and therefore be excluded from employment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Review and verify all badge and fingerprint applications, including the authenticity of identification and work authorization documents according to federal mandates
2. Entrusted with the privacy/security of personal information presented during the badging application process, and ensures its protection from unauthorized use
3. Issue security badges by proficiently operating the airport’s identity management and other credentialing system software applications
4. Is aware of and follows all rules pertaining to the safeguarding of personal information (PII) and security information (SSI)
5. Perform data entry and validation, run reports and data audits for employee unescorted access determinations
6. Issue airport identification badges and obtain Criminal History Records Checks (CHRC) and Security Threat Assessments (STA) results in accordance with regulatory requirements.
7. Monitor and inspect, documents submitted for employee identification and security clearances.
8. Operate computer, access control, Identify Management and electronic fingerprinting equipment.
9. Identify and Administer training and testing for employees who access and drive a vehicle on restricted areas of the airport.
10. Interpret and adhere to federal regulations, procedures and instructions to ensure the
safety of persons and security of airport property. Assess situations quickly, objectively
and determine the proper course of action.
11. Prepare and maintain databases, logs, records and reports.
12. Provide exceptional customer service to all customers in accordance with airport and city customer service expectations.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other agencies, tenants, employees and the public, and represent CLT in a professional, positive manner.
• Ability to respond calmly and effectively in emergency and other stressful situations, assess situations quickly, objectively and determine the proper course of action within established rules, regulations and procedures.
• Skills to communicate clearly and effectively in person, over telephone and two-way radio, and in writing.
Prefer course of study in aviation, business management or related field. Prefer experience at a commercial service airport, general aviation airport, air carrier, or in military aviation in a position in airport operations, safety or airport management, or experience in a high end service environment with direct interaction with customers.
High School Graduate or Equivalent and one year related work experience
Conditions of Employment
The City’s Background Check Policy requires background checks to be conducted on final internal or external candidate(s) applying for any position with the City of Charlotte. The type of information that will be collected as part of a background check includes, but is not limited to: reference checks, social security verification, education verification, criminal conviction record check, and, if applicable, a credit history check, sex offender registry and motor vehicle records check.
Background checks must be in compliance with all federal and state statutes, such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The checks must be consistent with the guidelines set forth by these laws requiring organizations to obtain a candidate’s written authorization before obtaining a criminal background report, motor vehicle records check or credit report; and to properly store and dispose of information derived from such reports.
Final candidates must pass a pre-employment drug-screening test and physical examination. During the selection process, candidates may be asked to take a skills test, and/or participate in other assessments.
The City of Charlotte is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job.
You are welcome to visit the City of Charlotte Human Resources Department lobby where we have workstations available. Our office is located at 700 East 4th Street, Suite 200, Charlotte, NC 28202. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST), excluding official City holidays.
Anyone seeking an accommodation to apply for a job may call (704) 336-2285 for assistance or you may email questions to CityHrJobPostingsNotify@ci.charlotte.nc.us.
The City of Charlotte provides a comprehensive benefits package to all employees.
Click here to learn more about the City of Charlotte’s benefits.
The City of Charlotte is a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
If you have technical issues submitting your application, click here.