Work as lead HVAC Technician at Charlotte Douglas International Airport primarily performing high level work installing, repairing and preventive maintenance of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and related systems. Perform skilled repairs and preventive maintenance to plumbing and electrical equipment.
• Valid driver’s license with no more than 6 points and ability to qualify for City driving permit.
• Certain convictions will disqualify individuals from unescorted access privileges and therefore exclude from employment.
• Subject to 24-hour emergency call back to work.
• Must be available for work for a rotating weekend and holiday duty schedule.
• Shift subject to change.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Install, repair and perform preventive maintenance of HVAC systems.
2. Provide lead direction to other building maintenance workers.
3. Perform semi-skilled to skilled repairs and preventive maintenance to plumbing and electrical equipment.
4. Completes all associated paperwork.
5. Operate cars, vans, bucket trucks and other heavy equipment.
6. Extensive knowledge of other airport systems including electrical, plumbing, generators, emergency systems, aircraft fueling systems and electrical vehicle chargers.
7. Inspects assigned Airport construction projects. Coordinates work with contracted construction inspectors and tenants.
8. Work in close proximity to aircraft while performing repair and maintenance to PCAir equipment which provides cooling to aircraft.
9. Work as acting supervisor when needed.
10. Subject to emergency call back for equipment repairs and inclement weather.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Read and write sufficiently to complete related paperwork and read schematic designs and blueprints.
• North Carolina State Contractor’s license H2 and H3 preferred.
• Universal CFC certification.
• Maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, the traveling public and tenants.
• Follow oral and written instructions
NC State HVAC H2 or H3 license preferred. Performs other general maintenance work incidental to above duties, or necessary to keep buildings in working order, including basic electrical and plumbing.
High school graduate/GED required with five years of experience or associates degree and three years’ experience in a relevant work/industry/military/job specific experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential job duties