The City of Charlotte is the largest municipality in North Carolina and the 17th largest city in the United States, with a total population of more than 872,498 citizens. A major commerce center, Charlotte hosts several of the nation’s largest banks and technology companies.
Also known as the Queen City, Charlotte is home to the Carolina Panthers, the Charlotte Hornets and the NASCAR Hall of Fame. We work hard to ensure that the community will be a winning city for everyone – a truly remarkable place to live, work, learn and play. Join us in helping to keep our City thriving, ensuring upward mobility and advancement in the workplace.
The Parking and Ground Transportation Revenue Manager is responsible for negotiating and administering revenue generating contracts and management agreements related to the parking and ground transportation operations of the Airport including the parking revenue control system agreement, the online parking reservation system agreement, the rental car concession agreements, the taxi operating agreements, transportation network operating agreements, and any other ground transportation related agreements as may be appropriate. Responsible for contracts and agreements that currently generate in excess of $80M in annual revenue. Works with internal and external stakeholders optimize revenue strategies, maintain contract compliance, ensure proper revenue collection, and resolve issues. Must function independently at a high level; be able to multi-task and balance business acumen with people skills. Work is performed with latitude for discretion, independent judgment, and action under minimal supervision; initiative is required. Work requires extensive contact with internal and external customers. This position reports to the Airport’s Business & Revenue Director.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the negotiation, drafting, implementation and management of revenue generating contracts associated with the Airport’s parking and ground transportation operations. Such contracts include parking and ground transportation service agreements, transportation network companies operating agreements, rental car concession agreements, the Express Deck and curbside valet management agreement, the consolidated rental car facility management agreement, peer-to-peer operating agreements and other related ground transportation agreements as may be appropriate. .
2. Manages and monitors the development of the Airport’s Parking and Revenue Control System (PARCS) and the Online Parking Reservation System.
3. Oversee pricing strategies for Airport parking products including drive-up and online parking. Responsible for the Airport’s corporate parking program including implementation, marketing and resolution of any customer complaints associated with this program.
4. Monitors and enforces compliance with contract requirements including but not limited to revenue reporting and collection activities.
5. Establishes and implements contract administration and monitoring practices and procedures.
6. Monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures.
7. Manages and monitors the development of existing operating budgets with regards to various Airport management agreements.
8. Ensures compliance with fiscal requirements associated with various agreements.
9. Works closely with other Airport divisions to synchronize business and revenue performance with operational responsibilities.
10. Works closely with Commercial Services team to ensure compliance with City ordinances and applicable Airport permitting requirements. Assures all businesses associated with management and revenue contracts are conducting business properly with all required permits and authorizations.
11. Manages the business relationships with rental car companies and all associated agreements. Serves as staff contact for rental car concessionaires. Responsible for compliance, reporting, auditing, and operational issues.
12. Initiates the procurement process of all necessary goods and professional services required for the fulfillment of all management and revenue agreements.
13. Manages other miscellaneous revenue contracts, including but not limited to electric vehicle charging stations, off-airport parking agreements, hotel shuttle agreements and taxi operating agreements.
14. Reviews, responds to, and resolves sensitive inquiries and complaints from both internal and external sources.
15. Responsible for supervising and managing a staff that assist in the performance of the above job responsibilities. This duty involves allocation of work, ongoing supervision and end-of-year performance evaluations.
16. Monitors industry trends, participates in industry work groups, and provides input on new services and innovations in parking and Ground Transportation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and cultivate ongoing business relationships is required.
• Knowledge of and skill using various software tools, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with data management software, such as Tableau and/or Power BI preferred.
• Strong organizational and leadership skills with ability to plan, prioritize and organize work in a team environment.
• Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in establishing, applying, and interpreting departmental policies and procedures.
• Ability to interpret and comprehend legal documents, FAA circulars and City ordinances and implement requirements.
• Ability to identify and analyze complex problems and identify possible solutions in support of established goals. Ability to prepare recommendations and working procedures.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other City departments and the public, while representing the Airport in a positive manner.
• Ability to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to prepare and present clear and concise reports, correspondence, and other written materials.
• Ability to analyze statistical and historical data, apply and use results for process changes, report writing and presentations.
• Ability to identify and effectively respond to issues, concerns, and needs. Ability to actively pursue and develop new ideas, methods, and procedures to meet changing situations.
Experience with contract management, customer service and/or airports preferred.
High School Graduation or equivalent and seven years relevant work experience
Associate's Degree and five years relevant work experience
Bachelor's level degree and three years relevant work experience
Master's level degree and one year relevant work experience
Conditions of Employment
The City’s Background Check Policy requires background checks to be conducted on final internal or external candidate(s) applying for any position with the City of Charlotte. The type of information that will be collected as part of a background check includes, but is not limited to: reference checks, social security verification, education verification, criminal conviction record check, and, if applicable, a credit history check, sex offender registry and motor vehicle records check.
Background checks must be in compliance with all federal and state statutes, such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The checks must be consistent with the guidelines set forth by these laws requiring organizations to obtain a candidate’s written authorization before obtaining a criminal background report, motor vehicle records check or credit report; and to properly store and dispose of information derived from such reports.
Final candidates must pass a pre-employment drug-screening test and physical examination. During the selection process, candidates may be asked to take a skills test, and/or participate in other assessments.
The City of Charlotte is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job.
You are welcome to visit the City of Charlotte Human Resources Department lobby where we have workstations available. Our office is located at 700 East 4th Street, Suite 200, Charlotte, NC 28202. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST), excluding official City holidays.
Anyone seeking an accommodation to apply for a job may call (704) 336-2285 for assistance or you may email questions to CityHrJobPostingsNotify@ci.charlotte.nc.us.
The City of Charlotte provides a comprehensive benefits package to all employees.
Click here to learn more about the City of Charlotte’s benefits.
The City of Charlotte is a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
If you have technical issues submitting your application, click here.