This position is responsible for operational training that is extremely safety sensitive. The incumbent will train, oversee, direct and perform complex and specialized training. Employee is responsible for the development, implementation and presentation of required Bus Operational Training courses Employee instructs in both the classroom and hands-on situations, and evaluates student process throughout the training program. Employee has considerable latitude for independent judgment and action within established guidelines.
Assists in developing the infrastructure for all training programs by establishing standardized methods and procedures for delivering, evaluating, objective measuring of success, and reporting.
Assesses the effectiveness of all programs through participant evaluations/testing to ensure required level of understanding/competency has been achieved; institutes regular ongoing assessments.
Oversees the tracking of training completion, completion reporting, and course evaluation and assessment reporting.
Conducts sessions with stakeholders and team to improve results of new and existing staff in documented, methodical and measurable ways.
Provides direction, feedback, coaching and development of trainers to deliver consistent training and quality programs.
Participates in needs analysis and evaluation analysis.
Conducts classroom training for employees and management as needed.
Develops and prepares training courses and lesson plans, ensuring periodic updates are included.
Evaluates student performance, certifies that employees have successfully completed required training programs, and are qualified to operate specific equipment and perform specified duties.
Assists in other training programs where overlap or intersection occurs.
Researches and prepares technical and administrative reports in support of the operation.
Provides day-to-day supervision and authorization of the safe and efficient training practices consistent with operating rules, policies, and procedures of CATS to direct reports.
Recommends or initiates personnel actions and administers company policies.
Ensure that work schedules and work quality standards are met or exceeded.
Performs other related duties as required
Knowledge of Bus/Paratransit operating rules and procedures, practices and regulations related to passenger vehicle operations.
Experience training and testing for CDL license
Must be able to make quick and accurate decisions in a high-pressure environment dealing with life and death situations.
Develop clear, concise and effective schedules, course materials, audio/visual aids, administrative, and technical procedures;
Make effective presentations and provide hands-on training in a high functioning work environment;
Prepare and administer effective written, oral, and practical tests;
Work independently with limited supervision;
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Able to visually distinguish colors - red, blue, green, yellow; hear and distinguish auditory signals
Additional Responsibilities (Different from Training Specialist)
· Instructs and creates training materials for multiple disciplines (Paratransit Operator, Paratransit Dispatch, Field Supervisor, Bus Operator)
· Assists in planning and implementing training projects
· Assists in defining training projects scope, goals and deliverables
· Provides day-to-day supervision and authorization of the safe and efficient training practices consistent with operating rules, policies, and procedures of CATS to direct reports.
· Delegates work to employees to ensure timely and efficient completion of projects.
· Recommends or initiates personnel actions and administers company policies.
· Ensure that work schedules and work quality standards are met or exceeded.
· Assign work to and train direct reports in work procedures and methods; review employees’ work for adequacy and take steps to correct inadequate performance; approve employees’ work schedules and time reports.
Sufficient training, education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the above tasks and possession of the following knowledge and abilities:
· Development of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities obtained through training, education, and experience equivalent to five (5) years instruction and/or supervisor experience in Bus/Paratransit operations.
· This position is considered “Safety Sensitive” under FTA guidelines and will be subject to random drug and alcohol testing. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, criminal background and DMV check.