The Center for Digital Government named Charlotte one of the top five digital cities in the nation. The City of Charlotte's Innovation & Technology department (I&T) provides executive-level leadership, delivers technology services to city departments and partnership agencies, and coordinates information technology initiatives across the organization to support, enhance and advance citizen service delivery.
The Technology Support Specialist reports to the I&T Infrastructure Supervisor and supports the overall operation and cyber security aspects for the transit network and infrastructure systems, data, related sub-systems, and interfaces in support of the Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS).
This position will be responsible for technology project implementation and support of transit operational, business and fare collection systems. These systems include, but are not limited to: complex networks (fiber, switches, routers, modems), operating systems (Windows, Linux, IOS, etc.), communications hardware (data, radio, telephone), SCADA systems, CCTV systems, UPS/Power systems, ticket vending machine systems, industrial control equipment, desktops/laptops, and all electronic technology related devices.
This position interacts with staff, vendors, consultants, contractors, and users throughout I&T and CATS project development, implementation, and support. Implements transit business technology requirements and insures compliance with National ITS standards, while adhering to local, state, and federal guidelines, directives, and mandates. Requires experience in non-traditional IT environments and has ability to work independently, as priorities will fluctuate.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports the transit SCADA and industrial controls technology infrastructure to include hardware, operating systems, communications systems (data, voice, radio), SCADA, sub-systems, and interfaces
• Performs technical project implementation duties.
• Supports operational technology to meet the business need.
• Works with peer infrastructure and cyber defense teams to meet information security objectives
• Communicates and documents issues, action items, corrective actions, preventive and corrective maintenance procedures
• Assists in transit technology asset tracking
• Participates in rotating on-call support for operational systems during nights and weekends, as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of commercial power/UPS systems, HVAC and environmental systems and access control systems
• Knowledge of industrial controls technologies
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills
• High level of professionalism, integrity and commitment to quality
• Ability to work in team environment
• Ability to organize, meet priorities, complete tasks, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• General knowledge of NFPA, NEiS, and BICSI standards and codes
• Demonstrate ability to design, establish, test, troubleshoot, and support IT systems
• Associate degree in a technology or engineering field of study -or- military equivalent -and- experience supporting relevant systems and applications.
• IT certifications highly desired in computing, networking, information security, server/storage, or applications.
• Fiber optic & cabling knowledge
• Experience with the support of PLC SCADA systems or supporting and troubleshooting electronic technology infrastructure in a transit environment
• Experience with additional transit related technologies, such as OS platforms, wireless systems, VoIP, radio communications, AVL systems, CCTV systems, real-time information systems, headway signage systems, on-board vehicle information systems, passenger counting system
High School diploma/GED with (3) years of relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential job duties
$50,775 - $63,468 Commensurate with Experience