The Center for Digital Government named Charlotte one of the top five digital cities in the nation. The City of Charlotte's Innovation & Technology department (I&T) provides executive-level leadership, delivers technology services to city departments and partnership agencies, and coordinates information technology initiatives across the organization to support, enhance and advance citizen service delivery.
The Cyber Security Engineer is a crucial role that will be responsible for supporting the security aspects of enterprise applications and coordinating response to information security incidents. This position will work with the all City technology teams to ensure that all necessary technical security requirements are met, and the Innovation and Technology attestation of compliance is renewed. As a member of the Innovation and Technology Security team, this individual will focus on security infrastructure that protects the City’s SCADA networks while also facilitating the use of technology to ward off attempts by attackers who are targeting sensitive consumer and corporate information.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate and execute security tasks related to Innovation and Technology SCADA projects or initiatives.
• Configure and install security infrastructure to include scheduling and attendance of afterhours maintenance windows.
• Produce Information Security architectures and documentation.
• Assist the Cyber Defense team in the maintenance and monitoring of the information security infrastructure.
• Provide support in response to information security incidents.
• Manage remediation plans for any gaps reported in audits or recommended process improvements.
• Collaborate with City departments to manage security vulnerabilities or investigations.
• Conduct security research in keeping abreast of latest security issues.
• Coordinate with managed security services to implement security initiatives.
• Must be able to work efficiently, expeditiously and independently with limited supervision.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• 3+ years of expertise in configuring, installing and maintaining Checkpoint or Palo Alto firewalls.
• 3+ years of expertise in advanced networking and security technologies.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
• Extensive experience with Checkpoint, Palo Alto, F5 and Cisco products.
• OS experience with Windows, Linux and BSD.
• Working knowledge of information security tools such as Nmap, and Nessus.
Baccalaureate degree in a directly related field with 1 (one) years of experience.
• Requires an Associate degree in a directly related field with three (3) years of experience.
• Eligibility for Federal security clearance is required, existing clearance preferred.
$99,046 - $123,806 Commensurate with Experience
If you have technical issues submitting your application, click here.