This position is Exempt from the State of Delaware Merit System
|Opening Date||9/16/2022 12:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||10/5/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Type of Recruitment||Exempt-Non Merit|
|Salary||Yearly: $66,166.00 - $77,843.00|
|Shift Hours||Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 4:00pm|
|Agency||Justice of the Peace Court|
NCKCSC-Location to be determined:
(NCC, Kent or, Sussex, )
|Contact Name||Justice of the Peace Court Human Resources|
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
· Has authority to make decisions in assigned human resource function(s) that impact operations; work is performed independently with only the most complex matters/requests/issues requiring review and approval by management.
· Represents one or more agencies as a Subject Matter Expert at internal and external meetings, hearings, grievances, contract negotiations, presentations, proceedings and/or committees.
· Reviews recommendations for and implements changes to programs, services, policies and procedures for assigned human resource function(s) and communicates progress on business objectives to agency leadership.
· Establishes and monitors long and short term goals, objectives, performance and priorities in accordance with the business operations, mission and objectives of one or more assigned agencies.
· Participates in strategic planning or budget planning by providing technical guidance, direction and information to senior management and division directors for assigned human resource function(s).
· May manage and conduct the preparation, research and presentation of investigations, grievance cases, arbitration and/or hearings; provides dispute resolutions and employee relations support to employees and management.
· May present arbitration and Public Employee Relations Board (PERB) cases, serve as a member of a negotiating team in contract negotiations; and/or act as designee on behalf of a Cabinet Secretary.
· May review, analyze and prepare cases, data, reports, and plans related to areas such as Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Affirmative Action (AA), Diversity and Inclusion, and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
· Contacts are with staff, agency management, officials, state agencies and others outside state government to provide guidance/direction in business processes, representing management at meetings, developing/implementing changes to programs, services, policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Human Resources Manager I
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at StateJobs.Delaware.gov.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek out a workforce representative of Delaware including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.