|Date Opened||9/15/2023 1:36:00 PM|
|Close Date||10/3/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Jocelyn D. Maez|
|Salary||$19.97 - $34.44/hour ***Salary DOE and in Accordance with Administrative Directives***|
|Job Type||Open to All Applicants (External, Internal)|
Tucson Water is the second largest water utility in Arizona, serving over 730,000 customers over a 390 square mile service area. Tucson Water is recognized internationally as a leader in water conservation, sustainability, and service. Our employees are proud stewards of our community’s most precious natural resource, working to embody the utility’s motto of “Pride In Service.”
The Tucson Water Department is seeking experienced Well Maintenance Mechanics to perform skilled mechanical repairs and maintenance on wells, deep well pumps, and related equipment. Duties require working outdoors under varying weather conditions, in constrictive and/or slippery areas and around moving equipment. Work is subject to stand-by and call-out during off duty hours, and the ability to lift and carry materials and equipment weighing 60 pounds.
* * *Certified Crane Operators are eligible to earn an additional $5.00 per hour during crane operation* * *
• Medical: Choice between a high deductible plan (HSA or HRA), or Network plan.
• Dental: Choice between a national dental PPO and a local dental HMO.
• Vision: Coverage for annual eye exam and glasses or contacts, plus LASIK.
• Life: City-paid coverage for you & dependents, plus option to buy more.
•Long-Term Disability: Income replacement of up to 60% of your base salary in the event of a qualifying disability.
• Employee Assistance Program: Enhance your wellbeing when life doesn’t go as planned.
• Flexible Spending: Pay for qualified health and dependent care expenses using pretax dollars.
• Colonial Voluntary Benefits: Financial help in the event of cancer, hospitalization, accident, and more.
Your Security and Future
• Pension: Generous pension plans that help both civilian and public safety employees retire more comfortably.
• Deferred Compensation: Save more toward a comfortable retirement with a 457(b) plan.
• Training & Tuition Assistance: Pursue your dream through internal training or financial help toward a degree.
• Education Assistance, Reimbursement, and Qualified Loan Repayment Assistance Program: Get assistance paying off your student loan debt.
• Back-Up Care: Care for your loved ones when your regular care is unavailable.
Your Peace of Mind
• Paid Parental Leave: Six (6) weeks paid leave when you welcome a child, plus other generous leave policies for FML, Medical and USERRA.
• Paid Time Away: New hires enjoy 37 days of paid time off in the first year, with time increasing steadily thereafter (In year one: 13 accrued days of vacation, 13 accrued days of sick leave, and 11 paid holidays).
• Employee Discounts: Generous discounts, ranging from car rentals to computers, gifts to groceries, electronics to entertainment.
• Social Connectedness: Forge connections with the community we serve through paid volunteerism and payroll-deducted charitable giving.
Examples of essential duties may include but are not limited to:
Minimum Education Level & Type: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Minimum Experience Qualifications: At least one (1) year of field experience within the construction maintenance, mechanical or technical field
Valid and Unrestricted CDL - Class A Commercial Driver's License with a tanker endorsement required
Pursuant to Administrative Directive 6.01-8 Commercial Driver Policy: Incumbent employees may apply for a promotional opportunity if they meet all of the position requirements except for a CDL or required CDL endorsement. An employee who does not have the required license may be conditionally selected and advised of the requirement that they obtain the required license within 90 calendar days of the conditional notification of selection.
Candidates applying for positions carrying a CDL driving designation are required to obtain a valid Arizona CDL within 90 days of hire. The CDL must be of the appropriate classification, with endorsements as required by the job classification.
Failure to obtain the required CDL and endorsement within the required 90 calendar days will result in failure of probation and employment will be terminated effective immediately. Failure to maintain the CDL thereafter will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Required within 12 months of hire:
The certification is required within 12-months of hire. Failure to obtain the certification will result in failure of probation and employment will be terminated effective immediately.
Applicants with water certifications from other states will be accepted only if the certification is eligible for reciprocity. However, applicants are required to check with the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) regarding reciprocity eligibility/requirements.
The ideal candidates will possess the above minimum qualifications as well as relevant experience in the areas listed below:
You are encouraged to print this bulletin because it contains important dates and information that will not be available online once this position closes.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated on the education and work experience in their employment profile and the responses to their supplemental questions. The highest scoring applicants will then be invited to participate in a virtual Oral Board interview.
Upon completion of all examination processes, the highest scoring applicants will be placed on the Civil Service Employment List. An applicant's ranking on the Civil Service list will be based on their final score which will be calculated as:
Hiring interviews may be conducted by the hiring manager post list.
This recruitment will establish a civil service list that may be utilized to fill vacancies occurring within the next 6 months.
Veterans, Native American, or Disability preference points will be added to the final score for those that are placed on the Civil Service Employment List. If you qualify for preference points as outlined in the Employment Profile, you must upload your documentation as part of the application process or email it to Jocelyn.Maez@tucsonaz.gov. The DD 214 must be a copy that indicates characterization of service.
If you are in need of Americans with Disabilities Act-related accommodation during the testing process, please contact Jocelyn D. Maez at 520.837.2113 at least 48 hours prior to the evaluation.
NIDA Drug Test
75 lb Lift Test
To ensure accurate payroll information for tax purposes, the successful candidate will need to provide their original Social Security Card or original letter from the Social Security Administration with their social security number prior to beginning work with the City of Tucson.
The City of Tucson hires lawful workers only - US citizens or nationals and non-citizens with valid work authorization - without discrimination. Federal immigration laws require all employers to verify both the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. In its efforts to meet the law's requirements, the City of Tucson participates in the E-Verify program established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to aid employers in verifying the eligibility of workers.
Retired City of Tucson employees receiving benefits from the Tucson Supplemental Retirement System who are considering reemployment with the City should be aware that pursuant to Section 22-37(g) of the Tucson City Code, retirement benefits shall be suspended during the period of reemployment with the City of Tucson unless you have been separated at least twelve consecutive months before returning to work AND you return to a non-permanent employment classification. Creditable service does not accrue during any reemployment period.