|Date Opened||9/16/2022 12:00:00 AM|
|Close Date||10/9/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Erin Gallego|
|Analyst Phone/Email||520.837.4167 / Erin.Gallego@tucsonaz.gov|
|Salary||$47,486.40 - $91,083.20/year **In accordance with administrative directives|
|Job Type||Open to All Applicants (External, Internal)|
The City of Tucson Information Technology (IT) Department is seeking a qualified and dedicated IT Business Analyst to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers. The selected candidate should have good written and verbal communication skills and a technical background. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work with various sections within the IT Department, as well as external City Departments. The IT Department provides centralized support for over 20 departments within the City organization which serve the Tucson community. The diversity of business functions and supporting technologies makes for a dynamic work environment that is both challenging and rewarding.
This Business Analyst position will provide support to analyze business processes and identify functional and technical requirements. They will collaborate with Project Managers, IT Technical staff and vendors to ensure the successful implementation of projects.
This position will also require a broad technical and business knowledge.
The ideal candidate will possess relevant experience in the areas of:
· Strong written and oral communications skills, and the ability to interpret complex technical material to non-technical terms bi-directionally.
· Experience with dashboards and presenting data-visually
· A curious and innovative attitude and the desire to constantly look for ways to improve processes to resolve business issues.
· Demonstrated ability in identifying variances, functional requirements, managing timelines and trend analysis
· Ability to work effectively within technical and business environments & audiences
· A strong working knowledge of Office 365 suite of applications (including Visio, Project, and PowerBI.)
·Flexibility of work environment, working as part of a collaborative team, and independently depending on needs of the organization.
Analyzes departmental business issues and data challenges, elicits requirements from management, staff, and internal customers to develop functional and system configuration specifications, and utilizes technological solutions to achieve efficient and cost-effective results.
Creates and maintains a variety of system reports, data queries, scripts, workflow, and automated tasks using structured query language and various database management tools.
Advises on system capability, compiles data, and implements data driven decisions and strategies for management.
Serves as liaison with Information Technology, departmental staff, and vendors to evaluate, test and support new functionality, developments, and enhancements with the ERP modules including patches and upgrades.
Monitors and approves system security, updates, and maintains system security records and permissions, and performs security reviews and audits.
Maintains documentation of system updates and training.
Develops and provides user training as required. May conduct presentations, classroom or individualized training.
Minimum Education Level & Type: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Experience Qualifications: At least 2 years of experience involving systems administration, business analysis, database administration, or enterprise resource planning systems.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential functions of this position may be considered.
· Experience in facilitating workshops with diverse groups of stakeholders
· Ability to turn complex concepts into solutions that are understood simply.
· Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Visio.
· Ability to document requirements for various project management methodologies
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Demonstrated strength in communications both verbal and written
· The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
· Ability to leverage expert opinions and interpersonal skills into actionable items to advance the projects outcomes.
To ensure accurate payroll information for tax purposes, the successful candidate will need to provide their original Social Security Card or original letter from the Social Security Administration with their social security number prior to beginning work with the City of Tucson.
The City of Tucson hires lawful workers only - US citizens or nationals and non-citizens with valid work authorization - without discrimination. Federal immigration laws require all employers to verify both the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. In its efforts to meet the law's requirements, the City of Tucson participates in the E-Verify program established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to aid employers in verifying the eligibility of workers.
Retired City of Tucson employees receiving benefits from the Tucson Supplemental Retirement System who are considering reemployment with the City should be aware that pursuant to Section 22-37(g) of the Tucson City Code, retirement benefits shall be suspended during the period of reemployment with the City of Tucson unless you have been separated at least twelve consecutive months before returning to work AND you return to a non-permanent employment classification. Creditable service does not accrue during any reemployment period.