|Date Opened||12/5/2017 3:15:00 PM|
|Close Date||Open Continuous|
|HR Analyst||Erin Gallego|
|Department||Parks & Recreation|
|Job Type||Open to All Applicants (External, Internal)|
Appointed (At-Will Employment)
|HR Tech||Randy Esslinger|
The City of Tucson invites you to join an organization focused on providing excellent service to citizens in a safe and sustainable community. If you are a professional who embraces an organizational culture of innovation and continuous process improvement, we hope you will consider this outstanding career opportunity to join the executive team of our progressive southwestern city. Appointed by the City Manager and reporting to an Assistant City Manager, the Director plans, organizes, and coordinates all programs, functions and activities of the Parks and Recreation Department to fulfill parks, zoo, and recreation facilities and program requirements for the community. The ideal candidate is a creative, sophisticated, and service-oriented professional who has outstanding leadership and the skills to drive innovation and continuous process improvement. A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least seven years of experience in parks and recreation administration, at least five of which have been in a supervisory capacity in a related functional area are required; Master’s degree and certification as a Certified Parks and Recreation Professional are highly desirable. The City offers a comprehensive benefits package.
To view the entire recruitment brochure visit: Click Here
Specific requirements are as follows:
A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least seven years of experience in parks and recreation administration, at least five of which have been in a supervisory capacity in a related functional area.
A Master’s degree and certification as a Certified Parks and Recreation Professional (CPRP) as granted by the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) are highly desired.
In addition to the experience and education requirements that are outlined above, City leaders have identified the following additional traits and competencies that the ideal candidate will possess:
• Visionary leadership demonstrating a high level of initiative, resourcefulness, innovation and problem solving skills
• Excellent listening skills and ability to engage effectively with diverse stakeholders
• Strong customer service focus with the ability to develop strategic solutions to problems
• Ability to employ razor sharp focus on doing what is right for the community
• Cultivates an affirming and inclusive approach to park and recreation policies and practices
• Ability to develop and strengthen new and existing community partnerships
• Exhibits organizational savvy that is improvement-driven and process-oriented
• Clear and concise communication skills both verbally and in writing
• Genuine concern for employees’ success, hiring, training, empowerment and staff development
• Skills to maximize employee productivity, personal growth and morale
To be considered, please click here to submit your cover letter with current salary, résumé, and list of six professional references (who will not be contacted in the early stages of the recruitment). Résumés should reflect years and months of positions held.
Résumés will be screened based on the criteria outlined in the brochure. Candidates with the most relevant qualifications will be given preliminary interviews by the consultant. CPS HR Consulting will report the results to the City. The City will then select candidates to be invited to participate in a final selection process. Extensive reference and background checks will be completed on the selected candidate. For additional information about this position please contact Stuart Satow.Tel: 916.471.3134 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org