Full-Time Benefits: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
This supervisory position performs technology systems management, administration, and deployment duties. A person in this position provides leadership for various technology projects and tasks by coordinating technical resources involved in the implementation of new or maintenance of existing information systems.
Nature Of Work
An employee in this class is responsible for planning, scheduling, assigning, supervising personnel, and reviewing the work of subordinate employees engaged in a variety of technical systems analysis and application administration tasks. Work includes developing standards and procedures for information technology projects, establishing priorities, coordinating work with user and functional systems personnel, and project planning. Employees will manage projects exercising considerable initiative and independent judgment in monitoring work in progress and adjusting schedules and procedures in order to ensure that projects are completed in the most timely and efficient manner possible. Employees conduct technical research, analyze business process improvement options and prepare reports and recommendations for consideration by management personnel.
Examples of Duties
Information System Management
- Develops and/or modifies existing system documentation, user procedures and functional specifications; analyzes and resolves production system problems; supervises the development and modification of programs and production run documentation.
- Coordinates system conversion; analyzes and resolves system problems; consults with users and technical and functional project team members on questions or problems.
- Coordinates preparation and maintenance of disaster recovery plans for computer systems under Information and Technology operational control; coordinates and participates in testing and evaluation of current disaster recovery plans on an annual basis.
- Analyze problems, determines solution and supervises implementation of corrective action; consults with users, functional and technical project team members, and management personnel on technical questions.
- Supervises project planning and scheduling; assigns staff to project teams and supervises work performance.
- Conducts cost/benefit analyses and technical research; prepares and presents reports on findings
- Report on project milestones, budget and risks.
Customer Relationship Management
- Participates in contract administration, project administration and third party negotiations.
- Coordinates special administrative projects or assists in managerial special projects.
- Participates in evaluations of applications software products and works in close liaison with customers and other technical or functional teams.
- Manage customer expectations with status meetings and other regular communications.
- Manages customer portfolio of project/tasks/requests.
- Recruits, coordinates, assigns, supervises, and evaluates the work of subordinate employees
- Completes performance evaluations, training and coaching employees, administers discipline, responds to grievances, and reviews leave requests.
- Coordinates and conducts training programs.
- Coordinates, maintains, and renews service contracts, service agreements, application hosting fees, license fees and maintenance contracts on a wide range of technology solutions.
- Employees oversee and participate in the design, implementation and administration of commercial off the shelf software (COTS), custom software, and third party hosted SaaS solutions according to the business objectives.
Perform additional duties as assisgned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Ability to:plan, assign, coordinate, supervise, and review the work of others; prepare project specifications and requirements; conduct cost/benefit analyses; analyze manual and automated processes; design and implement computer systems, program/data conversions; establish efficient standards and procedures for systems; design and implement instructional programs for user and subordinate personnel; gather and analyze information for problem solving; develop and coordinate system tests and conversions; research, prepare and present findings in a professional manner; prepare procedures manuals; effective verbal and written communication skills; establish and maintain positive working relationships with others.
Knowledge of: Network switching and routing, Domains, DNS, Cloud, Enterprise storage systems (SAN/NAS), Windows Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange email, and VMware server virtualization. Experience in project management and multi-year planning and budgeting of server/storage system hardware is also desired. Management of the City’s data center operations to insure the infrastructure is aligned with best practices and allows for data resiliency and redundancy. The candidate should be well versed in report writing and in creating support documentation using standard Office software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
Skills in: Microsoft Exchange 2016 or higher, Windows Server 2016 or higher, VMware 6.5, Microsoft Office 2016/Office 365, and Microsoft Azure. Enterprise scale storage such as Dell/EMC Unity and Tintri.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field and three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in at least three of these areas: data center technical support, to include: physical and virtual server builds and management; enterprise scale storage systems implementation and management; network security, routing and switching; infrastructure capacity planning and budgeting; and disaster recovery planning and testing;
-or- an associate’s degree in computer science or a related field and five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in at least three of these areas: data center technical support, to include: physical and virtual server builds and management; enterprise scale storage systems implementation and management; network security, routing and switching; infrastructure capacity planning and budgeting; and disaster recovery planning and testing.
Licenses or Certifications
Possession of a valid Florida driver's license required.
Evaluation of education and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
During periods when the Mayor issues an emergency declaration for the City of Tampa, all employees may be required to work in preparation, response or recovery activities related to the stated emergency.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application.