$39.74-$59.55 Hourly / $6,888.27-$10,322.00 Monthly / $82,659.20-$123,864.00 Yearly
• Creates and executes department work plans, benchmarking, and performance measures for billing, account management, customer service and scale house operation functions in accordance with standard operating procedures and optimal results; resolves issues to ensure a high quality customer experience.
• Conducts extensive computer research and maintains knowledge of the City’s Utility Management / Cayenta System, Customer Service Center and other related software programs; ensures billing and account management conforms with the appropriate ordinances, codes, executive orders, customer service and scale house operations standards; assists in designing and/or formulating documents and literature for department policies and procedures.
• Manages credit and cash accounts for appropriate departmental accounts for McKay Bay Scale House operations; assists in budget process as it relates to operational and capital improvement needs. · Oversees customer service emergency response procedures including WebEOC and scale house operations in the event of a declared emergency. Plans, assigns, supervises, trains and reviews the work of subordinate employees engaged in utility account billing; reviews and approves financial adjustments.
• Supervises or coordinates inspections and investigations of the following: container set size, type, locations and frequency to determine correct charges and services to be rendered; reviews and approves claims for credit (i.e. vacancies, refuse services).
• Bills customer accounts retroactively when incorrect charges have occurred, researches and responds to customer billing problems.
• Reviews and approves periodic and special statistical, financial and other reports; verifies customer account information.
• Recommends employment, promotion, transfer, discipline, demotion and dismissal of subordinate employees as necessary; responds to requests for leave; serves as initial respondent to grievances; completes employee performance appraisals; administers discipline as required.
• Performs related work as required.
Considerable knowledge of: principles, practices, and methods required in billing, customer service functions and scale house operations; effective public relations and public dissemination of information.
Working knowledge of: municipal codes, including state statutes, constitutional rights, federal and state laws regarding solid waste activities; customer service and problem resolution techniques, functions of utility billing systems; solid waste and recycling containers, service types, utility rates, fees, deposits, back billing of accounts, codes and field methods relating to collection and disposal; appropriate municipal codes, ordinances, resolutions and regulations; effective supervisory techniques, team dynamics, effective team building and the importance of diversity; business office practices and the computer systems utilized by the department; the layout of the city and its geography.
Ability to: plan, assign, schedule, supervise, and review the work of subordinates; maintain records and prepare oral and written reports; train and evaluate lower level personnel; establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, officials, and the public; prepare and present clear and concise reports, both orally and in writing; maintain records using a variety of source materials; understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
Skill in: problem solving; oral and written communications.
Possession of a valid drivers license.
SWANA Certification required within 6 months.