COMMITMENT TO SERVICE: Our mission is to serve the people and to provide a safe and healthy place to live, learn, work and play.
We serve the public in many different ways, including:
• Providing primary medical, dental, substance abuse, mental health and social services to residents, including the uninsured, low-income, and medically underserved, and administering federal, state, and local public assistance programs
• Providing law enforcement services in the unincorporated area of the county
• Protecting the community from public health threats such as communicable diseases
• Coordinating countywide responses to domestic violence and terrorism or other emergencies
• Managing the criminal justice process after arrest (jail, prosecution, defense, probation)
• Supporting other local governments through efficient property tax collection as mandated by the State, County and local jurisdictions; and,
• Administration and enforcement of Federal, State, and Local laws and policies pertaining to environmental health, building construction, and land use planning
OUR EMPLOYEES: Our diverse workforce is committed to fulfilling this mission and does so by exemplifying our IDEAL Core Values, engaging in our day to day work of serving the public with Integrity, Dignity, Excellence, Accountability, and Leadership.
WHY WE EXIST: To ensure federal, state and local elections are conducted timely, responsibly, and with the highest level of professional election standards, accountability, security and integrity, intended to earn and maintain public confidence in the electoral process.
To learn more about the Registrar of Voters please visit: