EEDD Program Assistant - Part-Time
Employment & Economic Development Department
|$17.09 - $20.77/hour
|10/28/2022 08:00:00 AM
|12/16/2022 11:59:00 PM
|Tentative Exam Date
This recruitment is being held to fill (5) part-time vacancies in the Employment and Economic Development Department and to establish a referral list to fill future vacancies.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. A completed application must be postmarked or received online by the final filing deadline.
NOTE: All correspondences relating to this recruitment will be delivered via e-mail. The e-mail account used will be the one provided on your employment application during time of submittal. Please be sure to check your e-mail often for updates. If you do not have an e-mail account on file, Human Resources will send you correspondences via US Mail.
- Assists program applicants in completing program application forms; reviews applications for completeness and accuracy assists in reviewing certification packets for completion; assists with the administration of testing activities.
- Explains routine program eligibility criteria to applicants, in person or over the phone, and applies eligibility criteria to determine applicant eligibility; may conduct phone eligibility screenings; refers unusual or difficult eligibility issues to higher-level staff.
- Requests, gathers, and compiles information and documentation as needed from program applicants, staff, or other agencies; assigns codes to applicant files based on established procedures.
- Assists with conducting routine program outreach activities; may help prepare outreach materials; assists in promoting services and programs at job fairs and various community events; explains program activities and requirements to interested parties.
- Conducts routine applicant interviews to help determine possible job placements based on their needs, areas of service interest, talents, and skills; assists in screening applicants by phone or in person; assists in pre-screening resumes.
- Assists in reviewing job orders and preparing job descriptions; assists in contacting employers to verify minimum qualifications and skills desired; arranges for applicant interviews with prospective employers.
- Assists in orienting program applicants; assists in monitoring placements for proper employer-employee conduct; receives and properly responds to worksite complaints or issues; refers clients to other services, such as counseling or training, as appropriate.
- Provides routine customer assistance in the WorkNet Center; helps customers navigate through online applications and search engines.
- Answers and makes phone calls; maintains logs and routine records and files.
- Performs routine office-related procedures and operates standard office equipment.
- May enter and maintain data in established logs, spreadsheets, databases, or other documents; may prepare routine correspondence and complete forms.
- May perform routine calculations using basic arithmetic, including fractions and percentages.
- Assists case management workers by performing other related duties as assigned.
Note: Supplemental application must be submitted with employment application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
San Joaquin County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and is committed to providing equal employment to all without regard to age, ancestry, color, creed, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation or belief, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. For more information go to Equal Employment Opportunity Division (sjgov.org).
Accommodations for those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
San Joaquin County complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and, upon request, will consider reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Part-Time Employee Benefits: Part-time employees who meet the appropriate eligibility criteria may receive health insurance benefits and step increases.
Applicants for part-time and temporary recruitments who meet the minimum qualifications are either referred to the hiring department for further selection or they may be required to take a written examination. If a written examination is given, the top candidates may be referred to the hiring department for further selection.
Testing Accommodation: Candidates who require testing accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) must call Human Resources Division at (209) 468-3370 prior to the examination date.
Physical Exam: Some classifications require physical examinations. Final appointment cannot be made until the eligible has passed the physical examination. The County pays for physical examinations administered in its medical facilities.
Pre-employment Drug Screening Exam: Some classifications require a new employee successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment. Final appointment cannot be made until the eligible has passed the drug screen. The County pays for the initial drug screen.
Employment of Relatives: Applicants who are relatives of employees in a department within the 3rd degree of relationship, (parent, child, grandparent, grandchild or sibling) either by blood or marriage, may not be appointed, promoted, transferred into or within the department when:
They are related to the Appointing Authority, or
The employment would result in one of them supervising the work of the other
Department Heads may establish additional limitations on the hiring of relatives by departmental rule.
Proof of Eligibility: If you are offered a job, you will be required to provide proof of U.S. citizenship or other documents that establish your eligibility to be employed in the U.S.
HOW TO APPLY
By mail or in person:
San Joaquin County Human Resources
44 N. San Joaquin Street Suite 330
Stockton, CA 95202
Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; excluding holidays.
Phone: (209) 468-3370
For current employment opportunities please call our 24-hour job line at (209) 468-3377.
When a final filing date is indicated, applications must be filed with the Human Resources Division before 5:00 p.m. or postmarked by the final filing date. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. Applications sent through county inter-office mail, which are not received by the final filing date, will not be accepted. (The County assumes no responsibility for mailed applications which are not received by the Human Resources Division).
San Joaquin County Substance Abuse Policy: San Joaquin County has adopted a Substance Abuse Policy in compliance with the Federal Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. This policy is enforced by all San Joaquin County Departments and applies to all San Joaquin County employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer: San Joaquin County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and is committed to providing equal employment to all without regard to age, ancestry, color, creed, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation or belief, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. For more information go to www.sjgov.org/department/hr/eeo.