Psychologist (Per Diem)
Correctional Health Services (CHS)
|$86.43 / hr
|10/13/2023 08:00:00 AM
|Open Until Filled
Per Diem (Health Care Services Only)
Correctional Health Services is actively recruiting for a Jail-Based Competency Treatment Clinical Psychologist. The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator and active participant as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team, with the ability to perform duties within established program policies and procedures. This position offers a flexible schedule which may include an option for telehealth evaluations.
· Select, administer, score and interpret personality, intelligence and other psychological tests
· Conduct in depth family history and diagnostic interviews
· Attend weekly clinical staff team meetings
· Plan and implement in-service education programs to staff
· Analyze data; prepare reports and correspondence
· Provide clinical consults to treatment team as needed
· Provide observations during patient's structured programming
DUTIES SPECIFICALLY RELATED TO THE JBCT PSYCHOLOGIST
· Administer psychological assessments, semi-structured interviews and/or standardized forensic assessment instruments for every newly admitted defendant to gather information about the defendant’s background and ascertain the defendant’s current functioning, competency to stand trial and likelihood of malingering
· Prepare periodic status reports on patients in the program, per Department of State regulations to be submitted to the Superior Court
· Provide follow-up assessment to ascertain patients progress toward mental competency at least every 30 days or sooner if patient has achieved marked improvement in their competence to stand trial
· Familiarity with assessment tools including but not limited to:
o Evaluation of Competency to Stand Trial-Revised (ECST-R)
o MacArthur Competence Assessment Tool-Criminal Adjudication (Mac CAT-CA)
o Fitness Interview Test – Revised (FIT-R)
o Revised – Competence Assessment Instrument (R-CAI)
Applicants must have a Ph.D. or Psy.D. in the area of clinical psychology, in addition to being a licensed psychologist in the state of California. Verification of education and license must be included in the resume of interest.
Please send verification of education and license to email@example.com
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.
|View and print the official application form as an Acrobat pdf file.
|A San Joaquin County application form is required for this recruitment. You may print this Acrobat PDF document and then fill it in.
|Contact us via conventional means.
|You may contact us by phone at (209) 468-3370, or by email, or apply for a job in person at the San Joaquin County Human Resources Division.