Department Information Systems Analyst IV - Temporary
|Approximate Salary||$9,190.02 - $11,170.53/month|
|Opening Date||9/18/2023 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||9/20/2023 11:59:00 PM|
NOTE: All correspondences relating to this recruitment will be delivered via e-mail. The e-mail account used will be the one provided on your employment application during time of submittal. Please be sure to check your e-mail often for updates. If you do not have an e-mail account on file, Human Resources will send you correspondences via US Mail.
- Provides highly advanced professional level support in the analysis, design, evaluation, development, testing and implementation of strategic systems, networks and programs across multiple platforms and technologies.
- Plans, develops, integrates, tests and evaluates the department's local and wide area networks; determines network system requirements; evaluates network protocols, hardware and software to determine their applicability to department network needs; evaluates new applications to determine integration with current systems and applications; studies the integrity and security of data; monitors systems to control and support network traffic; devises and implements strategies for connection of other systems through the use of network infrastructure and components.
- Investigates, analyzes and resolves highly complex network-related problems; resolves compatibility problems across multiple systems and networks; troubleshoots complex network failures, router problems and telecommunications problems; recommends and implements changes and improvements.
- Analyzes network security and performance issues; identifies potential security and utilization or performance issues; designs strategies and recommendations to improve security and network performance.
- Performs database management, analysis, administration and maintenance duties; provides support to department information technology staff in planning, designing and implementing databases; designs and modifies database structures, tables, files, views, and indices; manages and maintains database and file space allocation; develops methodologies to export and import data within multiple operating environments; plans future storage requirements.
- Ensures database availability to system users; provides and controls user access; maintains database security to ensure data integrity; monitors users to ensure compliance with operational and security procedures; monitors database performance; makes database tuning changes as required; makes recommendations on enhancements to optimize resources; conducts and maintains database systems back ups to ensure timely recovery of data; develops alternative strategies for data recovery.
- Designs and develops current or new programs for large and complex systems; analyzes user operations and business requirements to design and develop technology solution; reviews, evaluates and recommends current and third party systems and programs; creates or oversees the development of data flow diagrams and other systems documentation to develop program specifications; designs optimum system configurations; develops and implements testing plan; ensures system quality assurance; determines whether new program meets the client's business and technology requirements and adjusts as required.
- As assigned, serves as project manager on systems projects; analyzes client information system needs; recommends solutions and appropriate technology; designs project and resource plans and schedules; develops proposals using cost/benefit analyses; coordinates the installation and evaluation of proposed hardware and software to ensure compatibility with existing systems; coordinates programming activities; controls, monitors and reports budget expenditures; directs members of the project team; provides written reports and presentations on project status.
- Performs technical writing duties in the development and production of complex system documentation, instructional and procedural manuals.
- Identifies training issues and coordinates training sessions for client users on assigned systems or applications; develops training schedule; designs training manuals; conducts training sessions.
- Trains assigned project staff in their areas of work including structured programming and development methods, procedures and techniques.
- As assigned, may exercise direct or technical and functional supervision over lower level staff; assists in selecting, training, motivating and evaluating assigned staff; provides or coordinates staff training; works with employees to correct deficiencies.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of information technology.
Operations, services and activities of a comprehensive information systems program across multiple operating platforms; advanced principles and practices of system and network design, development, analysis, testing and security administration; methods and techniques of evaluating complex systems and business requirements and developing information systems solutions; information systems infrastructure planning and development; advanced principles and practices of structured programming; advanced programming languages, methods and techniques including integrated database management; principles and practices of local and wide area network design, protocols, development, security and administration; operational characteristics of multiple operating system environments, networks, and associated hardware, software, database and related components; local and wide area network protocols; methods and techniques of resolving complex network system compatibility and integration issues; principles, practices, methods and techniques of supporting a comprehensive database design, management and administration program; operational characteristics of a variety of database systems, tools and utilities; relational database design and management theory, techniques and tools; principles and practices of quality assurance, data security, integrity, backup and recovery; principles and practices of project management; pertinent Federal, State and local codes, laws and regulations.
Analyze department operations, procedures and data to recommend, design and develop logical solutions to complex systems problems; perform highly complex systems, network and applications programming and analysis duties; recommend and implement quality assurance and security procedures; provide highly advanced level technical systems support; perform feasibility studies and conduct cost-benefit analyses; design and integrate systems and programs within multiple operating environments; analyze and resolve highly complex system and network problems using logical and methodical processes; provide complex support in the design, configuration, implementation and testing of wide area network operating systems, hardware and software; analyze and troubleshoot complex local and wide area network operating, hardware and software system problems; perform database administration and maintenance functions; develop and modify database models based on department information technology needs; prepare clear and concise technical reports and documentation; as assigned, provide project management services; communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Part-Time Employee Benefits: Part-time employees who meet the appropriate eligibility criteria may receive health insurance benefits and step increases.
Applicants for part-time and temporary recruitments who meet the minimum qualifications are either referred to the hiring department for further selection or they may be required to take a written examination. If a written examination is given, the top candidates may be referred to the hiring department for further selection.
Testing Accommodation: Candidates who require testing accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) must call Human Resources Division at (209) 468-3370 prior to the examination date.
Physical Exam: Some classifications require physical examinations. Final appointment cannot be made until the eligible has passed the physical examination. The County pays for physical examinations administered in its medical facilities.
Pre-employment Drug Screening Exam: Some classifications require a new employee successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment. Final appointment cannot be made until the eligible has passed the drug screen. The County pays for the initial drug screen.
Employment of Relatives: Applicants who are relatives of employees in a department within the 3rd degree of relationship, (parent, child, grandparent, grandchild or sibling) either by blood or marriage, may not be appointed, promoted, transferred into or within the department when:
They are related to the Appointing Authority, or
The employment would result in one of them supervising the work of the other
Department Heads may establish additional limitations on the hiring of relatives by departmental rule.
Proof of Eligibility: If you are offered a job, you will be required to provide proof of U.S. citizenship or other documents that establish your eligibility to be employed in the U.S.
HOW TO APPLY
Please be advised that Human Resources will only be accepting Online Application submittals for this recruitment. Paper application submittals will not be considered or accepted.
Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; excluding holidays.
Phone: (209) 468-3370
For current employment opportunities please call our 24-hour job line at (209) 468-3377.
When a final filing date is indicated, applications must be submitted online to the Human Resources Division before the submission deadline. Resumes and paper applications will not be accepted in lieu of an online application. (The County assumes no responsibility for online applications which are not received by the Human Resources Division).
San Joaquin County Substance Abuse Policy: San Joaquin County has adopted a Substance Abuse Policy in compliance with the Federal Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. This policy is enforced by all San Joaquin County Departments and applies to all San Joaquin County employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer: San Joaquin County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and is committed to providing equal employment to all without regard to age, ancestry, color, creed, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation or belief, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. For more information go to www.sjgov.org/department/hr/eeo.