|Opening Date||7/31/2023 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||Open Until Filled|
This recruitment is being conducted to fill several vacancies in the San Joaquin County Sheriff's Office and to establish a referral list which may be used to fill future vacancies.
- Gathers general information from a variety of sources; asks/answers questions and completes forms; searches for, receives and explains information regarding rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and technical office operations.
- Searches records to establish information on missing persons; files routine reports and records.
- Gathers information and writes counter reports for Sheriff’s divisions.
- Assists technical services by performing routine tasks; fingerprints the general public for applications processing.
- Assists with traffic enforcement including DUI checkpoints, on County roads and contract cities.
- Assists with abandoned vehicle enforcement within the Sheriff Department’s jurisdiction.
- Processes and searches inmate mail.
- Assists and participates in special projects and events.
- Assists in the maintenance and transportation of Sheriff’s records, including crime reports, citations and statistical data.
Equal Opportunity Employer
San Joaquin County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and is committed to providing equal employment to all without regard to age, ancestry, color, creed, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation or belief, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. For more information go to Equal Employment Opportunity Division (sjgov.org).
Accommodations for those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
San Joaquin County complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and, upon request, will consider reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- They are related to the Appointing Authority, or
- The employment would result in one of them supervising the work of the other.
HOW TO APPLY
By mail or in person:
San Joaquin County Human Resources
44 N. San Joaquin Street Suite 330
Stockton, CA 95202
Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; excluding holidays.
Phone: (209) 468-3370
For current employment opportunities please call our 24-hour job line at (209) 468-3377.
When a final filing date is indicated, applications must be filed with the Human Resources Division before 5:00 p.m. or postmarked by the final filing date. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. Applications sent through county inter-office mail, which are not received by the final filing date, will not be accepted. (The County assumes no responsibility for mailed applications which are not received by the Human Resources Division).
San Joaquin County Substance Abuse Policy: San Joaquin County has adopted a Substance Abuse Policy in compliance with the Federal Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. This policy is enforced by all San Joaquin County Departments and applies to all San Joaquin County employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer: San Joaquin County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and is committed to providing equal employment to all without regard to age, ancestry, color, creed, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation or belief, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. For more information go to www.sjgov.org/department/hr/eeo.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|View and print the official application form as an Acrobat pdf file.||A San Joaquin County application form is required for this recruitment. You may print this Acrobat PDF document and then fill it in.|
|Contact us via conventional means.||You may contact us by phone at (209) 468-3370, or by email, or apply for a job in person at the San Joaquin County Human Resources Division.|