Housekeeping Service Worker - Part-time
San Joaquin General Hospital
|Opening Date||7/17/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||Open Until Filled|
|Tentative Exam Date||TBA|
This examination is being given to fill multiple part-time vacancy in San Joaquin General Hospital's Housekeeping Department and to create a referral pool to fill future part-time vacancies. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. A completed application must be postmarked or received online by the final filing deadline.
San Joaquin General Hospital is a 196-bed acute care community hospital and 24/7 facility. Incumbents employed with San Joaquin General Hospital must have the ability to work rotating shifts which include nights, weekends and holidays.
This position will require incumbents to clean, sanitize, disinfect and service patient rooms, surgical suites, trauma rooms, birthing rooms, terminal patient care units, clinical treatment areas, and other areas of the hospital including proper disposal of bio-hazards and sharps. Incumbents may also be in contact with body fluids such as blood and fecal matter. Direct housekeeping experience in this type of environment or similar health care institutions is highly desirable.
Incumbents in this position will be assigned to a primary shift; as needs of the department change, you may be scheduled or reassigned to any alternate shift. Incumbents will be required to work weekends and holidays.
NOTE: All correspondences relating to this recruitment will be delivered via e-mail. The e-mail account used will be the one provided on your employment application during time of submittal. Please be sure to check your e-mail often for updates. If you do not have an e-mail account on file, Human Resources will send you correspondences via US Mail.
- Sweeps, mops, strips, waxes, and buffs floors by hand or machine; wet vacuums floors and shampoos carpets.
- Washes windows, screens, sills, light fixtures, woodwork, doors, walls, and ceilings; dusts, cleans, and polishes furniture and other items.
- Cleans and sanitizes special hospital areas and wards such as intensive care unit, surgery, child care, labor and delivery where high level of sanitation must be maintained.
- Cleans and sanitizes rest rooms, showers, bathtubs, drinking fountains, and equipment such as gurneys, beds, and wheelchairs.
- Collects and disposes of trash and garbage; collects and places soiled linen into hamper bags and empties hamper bags into laundry chutes.
- Cleans and maintains janitorial equipment; keeps lists of needed repairs and supplies and notifies superior.
- Delivers, moves, and collects supplies, equipment, linen, furniture and other items.
- Operates or uses a variety of equipment and tools such as mops, brooms, dusters, floor buffing machines, rug shampooers, vacuums, and wall washing machines; may operate elevators and other equipment in emergency or as necessary.
- May make minor repairs to furniture such as in replacing nuts, bolts, screws, and casters; may perform a limited amount of routine building and grounds maintenance.
- May wash laboratory glassware such as tubes, bottles, and flasks by hand and machine; may operate autoclave to sterilize glassware; may dust and wash laboratory counters with disinfectant solutions.
- May assist in patient service functions such as washing and making up beds, changing window and examining curtains, and transporting patients.
- May prepare routine reports.
- May lead and train less experienced workers as assigned.
Note: Supplemental application must be submitted with employment application.
Experience: Six months of work experience.
Education: Completion of an approved training program in general cleaning methods and procedures.
Basic cleaning methods, materials, equipment, and their use; basic reading and writing; basic arithmetic; standard units of measure such as ounces, quarts, gallons; basic safety techniques and procedures.
Do varied manual cleaning and related labor; lift, push, operate, and maintain equipment used; follow oral and written instructions; work around sick people and in contaminated areas; keep simple records; work continuously while standing and bending; prepare routine reports; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Applicants for part-time and temporary recruitments who meet the minimum qualifications are either referred to the hiring department for further selection or they may be required to take a written examination. If a written examination is given, the top candidates may be referred to the hiring department for further selection.
Testing Accommodation: Candidates who require testing accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) must call Human Resources Division at (209) 468-3370 prior to the examination date.
Physical Exam: Some classifications require physical examinations. Final appointment cannot be made until the eligible has passed the physical examination. The County pays for physical examinations administered in its medical facilities.
Pre-employment Drug Screening Exam: Some classifications require a new employee successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment. Final appointment cannot be made until the eligible has passed the drug screen. The County pays for the initial drug screen.
Employment of Relatives: Applicants who are relatives of employees in a department within the 3rd degree of relationship, (parent, child, grandparent, grandchild or sibling) either by blood or marriage, may not be appointed, promoted, transferred into or within the department when:
They are related to the Appointing Authority, or
The employment would result in one of them supervising the work of the other
Department Heads may establish additional limitations on the hiring of relatives by departmental rule.
Proof of Eligibility: If you are offered a job, you will be required to provide proof of U.S. citizenship or other documents that establish your eligibility to be employed in the U.S.
HOW TO APPLY
By mail or in person:
San Joaquin County Human Resources
44 N. San Joaquin Street Suite 330
Stockton, Ca 95202
Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; excluding holidays.
Phone: (209) 468-3370
For current employment opportunities please call our 24-hour job line at (209) 468-3377.
When a final filing date is indicated, applications must be filed with the Human Resources Division before 5:00 p.m. or postmarked by the final filing date. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. Applications sent through county inter-office mail, which are not received by the final filing date, will not be accepted. (The County assumes no responsibility for mailed applications which are not received by the Human Resources Division).
San Joaquin County Substance Abuse Policy: San Joaquin County has adopted a Substance Abuse Policy in compliance with the Federal Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. This policy is enforced by all San Joaquin County Departments and applies to all San Joaquin County employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer: San Joaquin County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and is committed to providing equal employment to all without regard to age, ancestry, color, creed, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation or belief, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. For more information go to www.sjgov.org/department/hr/eeo.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|View and print the official application form as an Acrobat pdf file.||A San Joaquin County application form is required for this recruitment. You may print this Acrobat PDF document and then fill it in.|
|Contact us via conventional means.||You may contact us by phone at (209) 468-3370, or by email, or apply for a job in person at the San Joaquin County Human Resources Division.|