Support Services Technician I
|Approximate Salary||$15.89 - $19.31/hour|
|Opening Date||5/12/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||5/24/2022 11:59:00 PM|
This examination is being given to fill one part time vacancy in the Purchasing and Support Services department and to establish referral list to fill future vacancies.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. A completed application must be postmarked or received online by the final filing deadline.
NOTE: All correspondences relating to this recruitment will be delivered via e-mail. The e-mail account used will be the one provided on your employment application during time of submittal. Please be sure to check your e-mail often for updates. If you do not have an e-mail account on file, Human Resources will send you correspondences via US Mail.
- Learns to set up and operate high volume, computerized printing equipment for a variety of projects such as letterheads, business cards, forms, booklets, brochures, and form letters; learns the select and obtain the various types of materials needed for large-volume printing processes, compute unit prices, and prepare billing invoices.
- Assists in filling printing orders; cuts paper and cards; makes waste paper into scratch pads; packages or wraps work and makes or arranges for delivery.
- Learns to operate printing-related production equipment such as collators, laminators, paper cutters and drills; learns to clean, adjust, and make minor repairs to production printing equipment; learns to clear paper jams according to proper procedure.
- Learns how to maintain manual and/or electronic file systems in order to maintain organized records of printing jobs.
- Learns to pick up, sort, and deliver intradepartmental and/or interdepartmental incoming and outgoing mail, including items to/from the postal service and other delivery vendors; learns to weigh/meter mail and determine postage; learns to operate a variety of mail and package handling equipment to fold, insert, seal, and meter mail; learns to operate a variety of paper supply and stationary equipment.
- Maintains lists of registered mail; participates in mail room billing and other record keeping tasks.
- Gathers cardboard, toners, batteries, and other materials and packages them for recycling; delivers to appropriate recycling facilities.
- Receives incoming vendor shipments; provides instructions for vendor delivery or signs for deliveries as required; prepares outgoing parcels for shipment; may receive, move and store paper stock and other central supply items; may move records to and from storage areas; may perform other clerical or manual labor tasks.
- Operates materials-handling tools and equipment such as dollies, hand carts, and pallet jacks; may operate a two-way radio or cellular telephone for emergency communication.
- Organizes work to meet scheduled routes.
Note: Supplemental application must be submitted with employment application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
San Joaquin County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and is committed to providing equal employment to all without regard to age, ancestry, color, creed, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation or belief, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. For more information go to Equal Employment Opportunity Division (sjgov.org).
Accommodations for those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
San Joaquin County complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and, upon request, will consider reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Part-Time Employee Benefits: Part-time employees who meet the appropriate eligibility criteria may receive health insurance benefits and step increases.
Applicants for part-time and temporary recruitments who meet the minimum qualifications are either referred to the hiring department for further selection or they may be required to take a written examination. If a written examination is given, the top candidates may be referred to the hiring department for further selection.
Testing Accommodation: Candidates who require testing accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) must call Human Resources Division at (209) 468-3370 prior to the examination date.
Physical Exam: Some classifications require physical examinations. Final appointment cannot be made until the eligible has passed the physical examination. The County pays for physical examinations administered in its medical facilities.
Pre-employment Drug Screening Exam: Some classifications require a new employee successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment. Final appointment cannot be made until the eligible has passed the drug screen. The County pays for the initial drug screen.
Employment of Relatives: Applicants who are relatives of employees in a department within the 3rd degree of relationship, (parent, child, grandparent, grandchild or sibling) either by blood or marriage, may not be appointed, promoted, transferred into or within the department when:
They are related to the Appointing Authority, or
The employment would result in one of them supervising the work of the other
Department Heads may establish additional limitations on the hiring of relatives by departmental rule.
Proof of Eligibility: If you are offered a job, you will be required to provide proof of U.S. citizenship or other documents that establish your eligibility to be employed in the U.S.
HOW TO APPLY
By mail or in person:
San Joaquin County Human Resources
44 N. San Joaquin Street Suite 330
Stockton, CA 95202
Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; excluding holidays.
Phone: (209) 468-3370
For current employment opportunities please call our 24-hour job line at (209) 468-3377.
When a final filing date is indicated, applications must be filed with the Human Resources Division before 5:00 p.m. or postmarked by the final filing date. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. Applications sent through county inter-office mail, which are not received by the final filing date, will not be accepted. (The County assumes no responsibility for mailed applications which are not received by the Human Resources Division).
San Joaquin County Substance Abuse Policy: San Joaquin County has adopted a Substance Abuse Policy in compliance with the Federal Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. This policy is enforced by all San Joaquin County Departments and applies to all San Joaquin County employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer: San Joaquin County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and is committed to providing equal employment to all without regard to age, ancestry, color, creed, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation or belief, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. For more information go to www.sjgov.org/department/hr/eeo.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|View and print the official application form as an Acrobat pdf file.||A San Joaquin County application form is required for this recruitment. You may print this Acrobat PDF document and then fill it in.|
|Contact us via conventional means.||You may contact us by phone at (209) 468-3370, or by email, or apply for a job in person at the San Joaquin County Human Resources Division.|