Clinical Laboratory Scientist II - Per Diem
San Joaquin General Hospital
|Approximate Salary||$39.16 - $47.61/hour|
|Opening Date||10/31/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||12/26/2018 07:35:00 AM|
Per Diem (Health Care Services Only)
|Tentative Exam Date||TBA|
This examination is being given to fill two per-diem vacancies in the Laboratory Department at San Joaquin General Hospital. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. A completed application must be postmarked or received online by the final filing deadline.
The first vacancy is as follows:
- PM Shift (2:00 PM to 10:30 PM) position. The ideal candidate for this vacancy will possess Generalist experience.
The second vacancy is as follows:
Day Shift (7:00 AM to 3:30 PM) position. The ideal candidate for this vacancy will possess Microbiology experience.
Both incumbents will be required to work at least one weekend a month.
NOTE: All correspondences relating to this recruitment will be delivered via e-mail. The e-mail account used will be the one provided on your employment application during time of submittal. Please be sure to check your e-mail often for updates. If you do not have an e-mail account on file, Human Resources will send you correspondences via US Mail.
· Makes a variety of microbiological examinations of specimens such as feces, urine, sputum and body fluids, including initial isolation of organisms, identification of organisms, antibiotic susceptibility testing of the organism and identification of parasites.
· Makes biochemical analyses of blood and other fluids to determine the quantitative presence of creatinine, glucose, protein, calcium and other chemical components.
· Makes qualitative biochemical and microscopic analyses of urine specimens.
· Performs hematological examinations such as complete blood counts, differential counts, sedimentation rates, coagulation studies, platelet and reticulocytes counts, and bone marrow preparations.
· Performs immunohematological examinations such as blood typing and cross-matching.
· Performs special procedures required such as glucose tolerance tests, kidney function tests, and other similar tests.
· Participates in developmental work for new tests and procedures.
· Performs quality control procedures, equipment maintenance, and recordkeeping as required in the performance of tests and examinations; may assume responsibility for specialized tasks such as quality control reporting.
· May act as lead worker over other laboratory employees and laboratory trainees.
Note: A supplemental application must be submitted with employment application.
Experience: One-year equivalent to Clinical Laboratory Scientist I in San Joaquin County.
Licenses and Certificates: Possession of a valid license as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist issued by the State of California Department of Health.
The principles, methods, materials, techniques and terminology of biochemistry, microbiology, immunology, hematology, immunohematology, and clinical microscopy as related to medical technology; recent developments, current literature, and sources of information in medical technology.
Perform assigned tasks according to prescribed procedures; make accurate observations and records of test result; interpret test data and draw logical conclusions; correlate test results and evaluate validity; follow oral and written instructions in precise detail; perform examinations using manual or modern automated methodology; communicate effectively, orally and in writing; establish effective working relationships with physicians, hospital staff, and others; act as a lead worker over others; use initiative and be innovative in setting up new procedures.
Applicants for part-time and temporary recruitments who meet the minimum qualifications are either referred to the hiring department for further selection or they may be required to take a written examination. If a written examination is given, the top candidates may be referred to the hiring department for further selection.
Testing Accommodation: Candidates who require testing accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) must call Human Resources Division at (209) 468-3370 prior to the examination date.
Physical Exam: Some classifications require physical examinations. Final appointment cannot be made until the eligible has passed the physical examination. The County pays for physical examinations administered in its medical facilities.
Employment of Relatives: Applicants who are relatives of employees in a department within the 3rd degree of relationship, (parent, child, grandparent, grandchild or sibling) either by blood or marriage, may not be appointed, promoted, transferred into or within the department when:
They are related to the Appointing Authority, or
The employment would result in one of them supervising the work of the other
Department Heads may establish additional limitations on the hiring of relatives by departmental rule.
Proof of Eligibility: If you are offered a job, you will be required to provide proof of U.S. citizenship or other documents that establish your eligibility to be employed in the U.S.
HOW TO APPLY
By mail or in person:
San Joaquin County Human Resources
44 N. San Joaquin Street Suite 330
Stockton, Ca 95202
Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; excluding holidays.
Phone: (209) 468-3370
For current employment opportunities please call our 24-hour job line at (209) 468-3377.
When a final filing date is indicated, applications must be filed with the Human Resources Division before 5:00 p.m. or postmarked by the final filing date. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. Applications sent through county inter-office mail, which are not received by the final filing date, will not be accepted. (The County assumes no responsibility for mailed applications which are not received by the Human Resources Division).
San Joaquin County Substance Abuse Policy: San Joaquin County has adopted a Substance Abuse Policy in compliance with the Federal Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. This policy is enforced by all San Joaquin County Departments and applies to all San Joaquin County employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer: San Joaquin County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and is committed to providing equal employment to all without regard to age, ancestry, color, creed, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation or belief, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. For more information go to www.sjgov.org/department/hr/eeo.