9976 Technology Expert I
|Specialty||Epic Professional Billing Business Analyst|
|Date Opened||4/21/2020 09:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$58.05-$73.03 Hourly / $10,062.00-$12,658.00 Monthly / $120,744.00-$151,892.00 Yearly|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
9976 Epic Technology Expert I –
Epic Professional Billing Business Analyst
Epic Maintenance & Support Team
San Francisco Department of Public Health
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as this posting can close at any time, but no earlier than May 04, 2020, 5:00 PM PST
The Department of Public Health (DPH) is looking to procure a temporary (up to 5 years) "9976 Epic Maintenance & Support Team Technology Expert I - Epic Professional Billing Business Analyst" position to help design, develop, implement, maintain, optimize and support DPH's unified electronic health record solution.
Temporary Exempt (TEX), this position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the Appointing Officer.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The San Francisco Department of Public Health (DPH) utilizes the Epic electronic health record. Under the direction of the Epic Revenue Cycle Manager, the Epic Professional Billing Business Analyst effectively collaborates with application analysts assigned to the Professional Billing team, understands Epic's Professional Billing application and integration payment processing systems, and is a proficient builder. The Epic Professional Billing Business Analyst has primary responsibility for the definition, coordination, implementation, maintenance and support of Epic’s Professional Billing Application(s) including Professional Billing, Claims, and Remittance.
The Epic Application Teams are responsible for designing, implementing, testing, and supporting the clinical and financial aspects of the San Francisco Department of Public Health Electronic Health Record. This includes integration and interoperability with other third party clinical and financial systems and devices. The ideal candidate will understand the workflows of electronic health records in the outpatient areas and the impact to revenue workflows. This position will manage the Resolute Professional Billing, Claims, and Remittance modules of Epic electronic Health record and associated integration with various other Epic modules and third-party payment processing applications.
The ideal candidate(s) must have working knowledge in the following:
§ Knowledge of billing office related workflows, front desk registration/coverage workflows, and clinical charge capture workflows.
§ Understanding of a wide array of integration points, utilizing standards such as HL7 and Health Care Claims 276/277 and 837.
§ Knowledge of revenue cycle metrics, KPIs, and process improvement techniques relative to these areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Under the general direction of the Revenue Cycle Manager, the 9976 Technology Expert I - Epic Professional Billing Business Analyst performs the following essential job functions:
- To support the design, implementation, support and optimization of the Epic enterprise Electronic Health Record (EHR) for the San Francisco Department of Public Health
- To collect information from departments, clinicians, health workers, vendors, and internal and external customers regarding electronic system development, implementation, issues, recommendations and utilization of best practices
- As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, translate functional requirements into application build
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a diverse set of clients; establish and maintain good working relations with department personnel, staff, vendors, peers and management
- Supervise, assign, review and participate in the work of subordinates in assigned unit.
- Ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are followed by subordinates; review and recommend a variety of personnel actions in such areas as performance evaluation, training, selection and disciplinary measures.
- Analyze and recommend procedures consistent with departmental directives, policy regulations that are developed by higher-level management staff.
- Analyze and resolve complex system problems; develop and implement modification as necessary; prepare special reports; maintain records of system documentation.
- Maintains all system configuration and build parameters for application modules
- Use logic and analysis to solve computer and application module problems
- Exercise judgment, decisiveness and creativity in an environment subject to frequent change
- Prepare test plans, documentation and training materials; work with venders to prepare technical specifications and scopes of work
- Prioritize competing requests for services
- Application module optimization in conjunction with stakeholders
- Manage critical timelines effectively
- Manage communication between applications
- Application/module implementation and testing
- Clearly document work and adhere to change control procedures
- Maintains and updates Service Now, Sherlock, Orion, Nova, or other Epic build trackers or Epic project plans
- To perform other duties as assigned per the city’s job specifications.
.These minimum qualifications establish the education, training, experience, special skills and/or license(s) which are required for employment in the classification. Please note, additional qualifications (i.e., special conditions) may apply to a position and will be stated on the exam/job announcement.
1. EDUCATION: An associate degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units [i.e., at least sixty (60) semester or ninety (90) quarter credits/units with a minimum of twenty (20) semester or thirty (30) quarter credits/units in computer science or a closely-related field]. AND
2. EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years of experience in the information systems/technology field; which include system analysis, business process design, development or implementation of business application solutions or IT project management. Of which, three (3) years must be experience in Epic implementation & support. AND
3. CERTIFICATION: Possession of current Epic Professional Billing Certification or related Epic Certification.
Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester units / forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units in computer science or a closely related field.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirement by the final filing date unless otherwise noted.
§ Experience with full lifecycle of Epic implementation and/or Epic upgrade.
§ Epic Certification OR Proficiency in Professional Billing AND Claims
§ Knowledge of Lean fundamentals including, but not limited to, A3 thinking, Value
Stream Mapping and Kaizen events
§ Background and knowledge of clinical workflows, including charging
§ Understanding of the core functions and processes of the billing office
§ Understanding of the billing office's integration with other departments in the
§ Good comprehension of revenue cycle management
§ Proficiency with basic word processing and presentation applications (i.e. MS
Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
§ Knowledge of flow diagramming applications and collaboration platforms,
Verification of Experience: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#verification Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
Verification of Education: If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/how-verify-education-requirements.
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
How To Apply
.Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter.
To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org, @famsf.org, @ccsf.edu).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Tara Stevens at (415) 554-2919 at email@example.com .
The selection process will include an evaluation of application in relations to minimum requirements. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate the qualifications of candidates. If this becomes necessary, only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited for an interview. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements are not guaranteed advancement in the selection process.
,As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
.All City and County of San Francisco employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law (California Government Code Section 3100-3109). Employment with the City requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.
Statement on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: At the City and County of San Francisco, we share a commitment to a diverse, inclusive and equitable community. Each member of our organization is responsible and accountable for what they say and do to make San Francisco an inclusive and equitable place to live and work by employing fair and just practices to and for all.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Valid licensure/certification/registration as a requirement to perform the job must be kept current throughout length of employment. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of possession of required valid licensure/certification/registration may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
Note on Electronic Health Record (EHR): The Department of Public Health (DPH) is implementing a unified Electronic Health Record (EHR) system and DPH employees must demonstrate competency in the use of the system that is appropriate for their classification as a condition of employment.
Note on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Some positions in the Department of Public Health will require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), including but not limited to gloves, gowns, eye and face protection, and face-fitting respirators. The requirement for the use of PPE may come on short or no notice. Facial hair or any condition that interferes with a face-fitting respirator’s seal (i.e. comes between the sealing surfaces of the respirator and the wearer’s bare skin) is not permitted when face-fitting respirators are worn, including during initial or periodic respirator fit-testing. Employees who choose not to shave and do not have either American Disabilities Act (ADA) or Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Accommodations do not have the right to alternate work assignments or the option of using a loose-fitting Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) in place of a FaceFitting Respirator.
Medical Examination/Drug Testing: Prior to appointment, at the Department's expense, applicants may be required to take a tuberculosis (TB) screening test, a medical examination and/or drug test.
Terms of Announcement: Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by the posting the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at www.jobaps.com/sf.
LINKS TO ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
§ General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco
Employment Policies and Procedures can be found at:
§ Copies of Application Documents: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#copies
§ Right to Work: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#identification
§ Information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation:
§ Information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation:
Exam Type: Exempt
Issued: April 21, 2020
Director of Human Resources
Recruitment Number: TEX-9976-104665
DPH/AW/415-554-2598 (Position # 01140033)
Note: Effective May 04, 2020 Recruitment Facilitated by HR Analyst Tara Steven (415) 554-2919
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|