5640 Environmental Specialist
|Date Opened||3/15/2021 4:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/12/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$41.96 - $51.00/hour; $7,274.00 - $8,840.00/month; $87,282.00 - $106,080.00/year|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
San Francisco Department of Environment
5640 – Environmental Specialist
Deadline to apply extended - new deadline is April 12, 2021 at 8:00 AM.
Previous Applicants Do Not Need to Reapply.
• Serve as Salesforce (SFDC) administrator responsible for the configuration of process and workflow rules, database objects, form page layouts, and other back-end customizations that assist SF Environment teams in streamlining communication and processes relevant to their needs
• Ensure SFDC data quality by coordinating regular, and often complex, data uploads; support data cleaning as needed
• Develop and maintain a backup of SFDC data
• Manage an IT ticketing system for data support and troubleshooting requests, recommending and/or implementing solutions in SFDC as well as other appropriate software
• Coordinate and lead regular meetings and trainings with SFDC users to address process improvements and related needs
• Develop training materials on SFDC-specific processes and other tools and technologies
• Enable the Department’s higher-level utilization of data, including visualization and reporting, using programs that may include PowerBI, Tableau, Excel, SQL, GIS or PowerPoint
• Manage and support project scoping and planning with internal and external teams
• Maintain a catalog of departmental datasets and coordinate annual data publishing
• Coordinate with Web Coordinator to interface data with web published content, as needed
• Scope and coordinate requests for external technical software support, as needed
• Maintain subject-matter expertise in best practices for optimizing software usage and costs
• Present project updates to senior management and other key stakeholders, as directed
• Support budget and invoice tracking and other administrative needs
• Attend Salesforce Community Meetings with other City departments
• Experience working on multiple, ongoing technology and/or data projects, with the ability to lead or support the development of project requirements, craft realistic timelines for deliverables, and ensure timely completion of project phases
• Experience in data management, including data mining, data validation and quality assurance, analysis, visualization, and dashboard creation to determine trends and provide recommendations
• Salesforce Administrator certification and at least two years of experience serving in a Salesforce administrator role
• Experience building applications in Salesforce Lightning framework or another comparable technology
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally to create use cases, test cases, training materials, conduct user training sessions and presentations, and communicate with non-technical colleagues as well as technical/functional experts
• An understanding of and commitment to racial equity, inclusion, and diversity principles
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring. Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirement by the final filing date, unless otherwise noted.
Candidates are requested to submit a 1) resume and 2) transcript or diploma, and attach both to their application. Upload these documents as a PDF or Word file, under the “Other” tab in the application system.
How To Apply
1. Select the desired job announcement
2. Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
3. Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
4. Follow instructions on the screen
5. Attach two documents - 1) a resume, and 2) an official or unofficial copy of your transcripts or diploma. Upload the documents as PDF or Word files.
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application was received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications. Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
Please email Adam Romoslawski, Senior Human Resources Consultant, at Adam.Romoslawski@sfgov.org should you have questions about the application process. For questions regarding the status of your application or the selection process, please refer to the ‘Timeline’ section under the Selection Procedures heading.
Online application filing deadline will conclude at 8am on Monday, April 5th, 2021. Due to the volume of inquiries we receive, we are unable to give application status updates. While we are not able to reach out to every applicant, the hiring manager will contact you directly after the filing deadline if your skills and experiences are a strong match for the position.
• Candidates applying for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
• Candidates applying for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
2. Verification: Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=456. Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
3. Requests: Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation at:
4. Applicants are advised to keep copies of all documents submitted. Submitted documents become a permanent part of the exam record and will not be returned. The hiring department may require applicants to present additional material at the time of appointment and/or at a later date.
5. For general information concerning City and County of San Francisco employment policies and procedures, please refer to this web URL: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20
6. For Right to Work policy, please refer to this web URL: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#identification
7. Terms of Announcement: Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by the posting the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at www.jobaps.com/sf. The terms of this announcement may be appealed under Civil Service Rule 111A.35.1. The standard for the review of such appeals is ‘abuse of discretion’ or ‘no rational basis’ for establishing the position description, the minimum qualifications and/or the certification rule. Appeals must include a written statement of the item(s) being contested and the specific reason(s) why the cited item(s) constitute(s) abuse of discretion by the Human Resources Director. Appeals must be submitted directly to the Executive Officer of the Civil Service Commission within five business days of the announcement issuance date.
EXAM TYPE: ENTRANCE/PROMO
CAROL ISEN, ACTING HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
ANNOUNCEMENT NO: TEX-5640-109995
8. In line with the Official Public Health Order to slow the spread of COVID-19, “shelter-in-place” has been issued for all San Francisco residents that is expected to be in effect until further notice. As a result, Department of Human Resources (DHR)’s office (located at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103) is currently closed to the general public. If you have any questions, please feel free to email the Human Resources Analyst listed on this announcement at Adam.Romoslawski@sfgov.org.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|