5207 Associate Engineer (Electrical)
|Date Opened||3/26/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$56.81 - $69.06/hour; $9,848.00 - $11,971.00/month; $118,170.00 - $143,650.00/year|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
Temporary Exempt: This position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the Appointing Officer.
1. A Master's Degree in Chemical, Sanitary, Transportation (Traffic), or Environmental Engineering disciplines only or a Grade Four Certificate in Water/Wastewater Treatment Operation (CA) may substitute for one-year work experience in the chemical, environmental or transportation specialties.
2. A Ph.D. in Chemical, Sanitary, Transportation (Traffic), or Environmental Engineering disciplines only may substitute for two years work experience in the chemical, environmental or transportation specialties.
3. There is no substitution for the required two years’ work experience equivalent to an Assistant Engineer or higher.
4. Some positions may require additional special engineering licensing and/or work experience in areas such as Construction Management, Structural, Corrosion, Fire Protection, Geo-technical, Environmental, Control Systems or Industrial Engineering.
5. City and County of San Francisco employees having six (6) months experience as a 5203 Assistant Engineer or higher will be admitted to the exam process. Successful candidates will be placed under waiver on the resulting eligible list until the two-year requirement is met in full.
How To Apply
Applications will be screened for relevant qualifying experience. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement in the selection process. Only those applicants who most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited to participate in the interview process.
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|