2820 Senior Health Program Planner
|Department||Health Service System|
|Date Opened||8/16/2019 09:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/6/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$47.04 - $57.16/hour; $8,153.00 - $9,908.00/month; $97,838.00 - $118,898.00/year|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
This announcement has been re-opened on 8/16/19 to accept additional applications. If you have already applied, you do not need to re-apply.
This announcement has been re-opened on 4/8/19 to accept additional applications. If you have already applied, you do not need to re-apply.
Please note that this announcement may close at any time so you are encouraged to apply immediately.
This is a Temporary Exempt (TEX) appointment. Exempt employees are considered “at will” and serve at the discretion of the appointing officer.
The Health Service System is the City and County department that administers non-pension benefits: health, dental, vision, and other benefits that may be available to City and County employees, such as life and disability insurance. The San Francisco Health Service System is dedicated to providing outstanding health and other employee benefits to its members while adhering to the highest standards of customer service. http://sfhss.org
The Senior Health Program Planner reports to the Enterprise Systems & Analytics Manager. This position is responsible for analytics aimed at understanding impacts of social determinants of health (SDoH) and evaluating the need for programs targeting high cost, complex and/or chronic care needs as well as monitoring those programs post implementation. This individual will utilize the SFHSS All Payer Claims Database (APCD) to correlate health conditions in the SFHSS population with ethnicity, education, and salary information as well as other social indicators.
The position will require detailed population analysis of SHFSS’ membership demographics and clinical diagnoses evaluating and monitoring cost, quality and utilization of health care and the healthcare delivery systems. The incumbent will prepare difficult and complex reports; make recommendations to improve, modify or delete existing benefits or substantiate the need for expanded benefits; perform migration analysis and model benefit design changes, perform network analysis and provide input to network strategies, assess effectiveness, coordination and quality of care, and perform related duties as required.
Examples of Duties
1. Participates in the development of methods for planning, analyzing and evaluating current or proposed health programs; collecting and analyzing demographic and health status data as well as publicly available datasets related to cost and quality and social determinants;
2. Develops reports w/ accurate, easy to read, useful information that satisfies the client's needs.
3. Designs & generates tracking & monitoring tools.
4. Identifies and evaluates available datasets which can be augmented with existing population data.
5. Integrates various internal and external data points such as education levels, language preferences, crime statistics, available benchmark, etc.
6. Designs research plans for data gathering & analysis. Participates significantly in interpreting analyses & developing action plans accordingly.
7. Evaluates program to determine quality, effectiveness and efficiency of those programs.
8. Advises on suitable outcomes and performance measures.
9. Develop a cooperative relationship with advisory groups; and make clear, concise recommendations for instituting, improving, modifying, deleting or continuing health programs.
10. Coordinates with IBM Watson Health regarding modifications to the All Payer Claims Database, custom analytics and custom benchmarks/subsets.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirement by the final filing date unless otherwise noted.
1. Completion of a four-year college or university with a baccalaureate degree with major course work in public health, public health administration, public administration, business administration, health or mental health sciences or a closely related field; AND
2. Four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience in planning, research or evaluation for a large public or mental health department or agency; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
A Master’s degree in public administration, public health administration, business administration or a closely related field will be accepted for two years of the required experience.
• Familiarity with medical and pharmaceutical claims data
• Knowledge of procedure codes, diagnosis codes and drug classifications
• In-depth knowledge of healthcare principles and data
• Familiarity with PeopleSoft Query Manager and knowledge of Benefits Administration tables.
• Hands-on experience with analytical tools and BI tools and reporting software (e.g. Cognos, Tableau, Power BI, SQL, Excel)
• Experience with IBM Watson Health / Truven Health Analytics Advantage Suite
• Experience in a healthcare delivery system
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
- Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org, @famsf.org, @ccsf.edu).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Shannon Nishimura-Chiu, by telephone at 415-557-4949, or by email at Shannon.email@example.com
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at https://sfdhr.org/how-verify-education-requirements
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: TEX-2820-903352
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.