School Lunchroom Helper
|Department||Community College District|
|Date Opened||8/30/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/12/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$21.64 - $26.19/hourly|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
School Term FT
City College of San Francisco, Hotel & Restaurant, Ocean Campus, 50 Frida Kahlo Way, San Francisco, CA. 94112
Appointment Type: Two (2) or more temporary-exempt, full-time, school-term only, (200 working days) positions. A school-term only employee is hired for a specific work calendar and may not have an assignment during the school/academic break.
Temporary-exempt. Exempt employees are considered “at will” and serve at the discretion of the appointing officer.
NOTE: These are temporary-exempt positions. The selected hired candidates will be required to participate and be successful in the Civil Service CBT Examination for job class 2615 conducted by the Community College District within six months after his/her date of hire and be selected through an open competitive process in order to be considered for Civil Service (PCS) appointment.
Position Description: Under direction of an assigned supervisor, the School Lunchroom Helper assists in washing dishes, sweeping and mopping floors, emptying garbage, maintaining sanitary conditions in all kitchen and serving areas, as well as receiving and storing supplies. Additional duties include: preparation of a variety of food and beverages served in the school lunchrooms, serving food to students and faculty, and performing other related duties as assigned. Positions may involve exposure to extreme temperature conditions and chemicals while working in a noisy environment; standing for long periods of time; bending, crouching and reaching. Most positions require ability to lift objects weighing up to 50lbs to waist level. Position maintains high food safety and sanitation standards. Must utilize first‐in‐first‐out (FIFO) inventory Management system. Washes, scrubs and otherwise cleans, pots, pans, trays and other items as directed. Sweeps floor, sanitizes equipment, stoves, work tables, and performs other duties relative to keeping the kitchen and storage rooms sanitized and orderly; sanitizes tabletops. Attends and participates in meetings as required. Performs duties as assigned Notes: Applicants must be willing to wear uniforms, be neat, clean, and reliable.
Examples of duties:
1. Maintains high standard of customer service.
2. Uses the FIFO (first in first out) inventory management system.
3. Maintains high food safety and sanitation standards.
4. Washes, scrubs and otherwise cleans, pots, pans, trays and other items as directed.
5. Sweeps floor, sanitizes equipment, stoves, work tables, and performs other duties relative to keeping the kitchen and storage rooms sanitized and orderly; sanitizes tabletops.
6. Comfortable working on 6" ladder to clean and sanitize hood systems and clean grease filters.
7. Able to use pressure washer safely and other floor cleaning machines.
8. Able to work with de-greasers, oven cleaners, a variety of detergents, drying agents and sanitizing chemicals.
9. Must be able to stand for long periods of time as well as reaching and lifting up to 50 lbs. consistently.
10. Must be able to work well with others in close quarters.
11. Attends and participates in meetings as required.
12. Performs related duties as assigned.
1. Possession of high school diploma or equivalent, and
2. Six (6) months of routine kitchen work experience including use of a computer and point of sale software, and
3. Possession and maintenance of a current Food Safety certification.
Note: Work experience with the District as a College Work Study Student or Lab Aide (3591) Classification will not be considered/applied as qualifying experience.
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
1. Food handlers certification.
How To Apply
Applications for City College of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit http://jobs.ccsf.edu/postings/4181 to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Linda K. Kaholo, by telephone at 415/452-7686, or by email at email@example.com.
Applicants must submit the following materials by the filing deadline. Application filed without the required documents will be rejected. NOTE: the employment portion of the application must be complete.
1. A letter expressing interest in the position specifically indicating how you meet the Minimum and Desirable Qualifications as listed on the job announcement; AND
2. A current resume summarizing educational background and related work experience; AND
3. A copy of a current Food Safety Certification; AND
4. Educational verification as stated below:
Verification of qualifying education must include copies of transcripts, diplomas or certificates. If verification cannot be obtained, the applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why such verification cannot be obtained. Request for waiver will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Foreign degree(s)/coursework used as qualifying to meet minimum qualifications must be evaluated by a foreign degree evaluation services organization, before an application can be processed. Please contact the CCSF Human Resources Department at (415) 241-2246 for evaluation sources. Failure to submit the required verification or request for waiver with the application at the time of filing will result in rejection of the application.
Verification of Experience: Verification may be requested at any time during this recruitment and selection process. If requested, verification of experience needed to qualify must be submitted on the employer’s letterhead and indicate the name of the applicant, job title, dates of employment, hours/week, and duties performed and must be signed by the supervisor and/or appropriate company representative. Verification of experience may be waived if impossible to obtain. The applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why verification cannot be obtained. Waiver requests will be considered on an case-by-case basis. Failure to submit the required verification or request for a waiver at the time of verification is requested may result in the rejection of the application.
Applications will be screened for relevant qualifying experience. Additional screening mechanisms may be implemented in order to determine applicants; qualifications. Only those applicants who most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited to participate in the selection process. Application meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement to the interview.
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
Issued: August 30, 2019
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: 099588