1053 Functional Analyst - Payroll Team
|Date Opened||9/9/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$53.45 - $67.25/hour; $9,265.00 - $11,657.00/month; $111,176.00 - $139,880.00/year|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
Controller's Office Systems Division
City Job Classification: 1053 IS Business Analyst - Senior
Functional Business Analyst
The Controller's Office
manages the following enterprise-wide systems for the City: PeopleSoft
Financials & Supply Chain Management, PeopleSoft Human Capital Management,
PeopleSoft Enterprise Learning Management, PeopleSoft Interaction Hub, Cognos
Business Intelligence, and Informatica. For our PeopleSoft systems, we strive
to keep updating to the latest version of the applications and People Tools.
The Controller’s Office is committed to enhancing and expanding application functionality to better support our users’ changing needs. Over the last 5-year period, we have launched new applications and products that have greatly increased and diversified our user base and amplified the need to improve how we assist our business partners to drive stakeholder value and desired business outcomes.
The Senior Functional Business Analyst position is responsible for the business analysis process and documentation which involves acquiring and documenting knowledge from subject matter experts throughout various City and County of San Francisco Departments and for translating this knowledge into functional solutions that are designed, tested and implemented in the PeopleSoft system.
Essential duties include but are not limited to: diagramming policies and processes of the business practices and requirements; linking business processes with the setup and business rules of PeopleSoft Human Capital Management software; requirements gathering, fit/gap analysis; defining and implementing application configuration settings; performing complex data analysis; working with change management team to re-design business processes; conducting trainings for end users; create functional designs; creating test plans; executing testing; analyzing and testing of security roles and permissions; identifying, managing and escalating issues and risks throughout the software development life cycle, supporting system readiness and performance during payroll processing, including applying and testing tax updates, and analyzing and programming system changes required to implement new functionality, updating functional documentation to reflect these changes; performs other duties as assigned.
An associate degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units [i.e., at least sixty (60) semester or ninety (90) quarter credits/units with a minimum of twenty (20) semester or thirty (30) quarter credits/units in computer science or a closely-related field].
Three (3) years in the information systems field, including system analysis, business process design, development and implementation of business application solutions or IT project management.
Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester units / forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units in computer science or a closely related field.
- Experience with a PeopleSoft HCM system that utilizes Payroll, Absence and Time&Labor modules
- Experience with Oracle PUM image updates
- Experience with PeopleSoft Query and/or SQL
- Experience supporting payroll processing activities
- Working knowledge of business process that underpin human resource, benefits and payroll enterprise software systems
- Background that includes customer/client focused roles and management of initiatives
- experience developing and executing test plans
- experience in a new implementation or upgrade of PeopleSoft (HCM or Financials) software
- Three (3) years experience analyzing, creating, documenting functional business/application solutions with clients and/or end users for large complex systems.
- Demonstrated experience using formal software development life cycle methodologies
- Two (2) years experience with configuration and business processes used to support PeopleSoft Time & Labor or Payroll or Absence Management Modules in PeopleSoft V8.9 or greater (8.9, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2)
- Demonstrated experience developing queries to meet end user requirements
- Demonstrated experience participating in requirements gathering and documentation sessions, including preparing functional requirements documentation
- Expertise utilizing data analysis tools
- Expertise in utilizing tools for documenting processes, developing and testing prototype solutions, which must include one year of Excel experience
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at https://sfdhr.org/how-verify-education-requirements
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org, @famsf.org, @ccsf.edu).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Vicente Centeno, by telephone at 415-554-7506, or by email at Vicente.Centeno@sfgov.org
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation at:
Information regarding requests for Veterans Preference can be found at:
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: 094702
CON/ CV/ 415-554-7506
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|