9180 Manager VI, MTA (Talent Acquisition Manager)
|Department||Municipal Transportation Agency|
|Date Opened||7/20/2020 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/4/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$145,236.00 - $185,432.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
The following information describes the civil service classification for which applications are being solicited.
Make sure you read the entire announcement before completing the application form.
The purpose of this announcement is to fill a vacant position in this classification.
Division: Human Resources
Section/Unit: Talent Acquisition Unit
Work Location: One South Van Ness, 6th Floor San Francisco, CA 94103
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Permanent Exempt, Full Time – This position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the Appointing Officer.
The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) is a department of the City and County of San Francisco responsible for the management of all ground transportation in the city. The SFMTA has oversight over the Municipal Railway (Muni) public transit, as well as bicycling, paratransit, parking, traffic, walking, and taxis. We serve San Francisco by creating transportation options that are constant, practical and everywhere; we connect people with their community to enhance the economy, environment and quality of life. We operate today's transportation system and work with our partners to plan the transportation system of tomorrow.
What you will be responsible for:
Every member of the San Francisco community deserves to thrive. Our city should be one where all can reach their full potential regardless of their race, gender identity, sexual orientation or what neighborhood they grew up in. That ideal is intimately linked to the transportation system, which connects us to opportunity, enrichment, and community. The SFMTA has the immense responsibility of ensuring dignified access and freedom of movement for all through its community engagement, planning, who we hire and service delivery.
Under general direction, the Talent Acquisition Manager performs difficult and complex professional and technical personnel work in talent acquisition activities for the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA). The position is responsible for delivering all facets of the talent acquisition success throughout the enterprise-based organization.
The essential functions of this position include:
· Partners/collaborates with SFMTA Divisions to align and execute Talent Acquisition (TA) strategies in support of agency business objectives and strategic goals.
· Reports to and partners with the HR Director to accomplish HR strategic goals.
· Oversees all responsibilities of the talent acquisition unit which includes:
- Full-Cycle Talent recruitment for all MTA positions
- Workforce planning & Metrics
- Administration of Civil Service examinations
- Position management & Control
- Employee Onboarding
- Conducting Background checks
- HR Record / document management & retention
· Ensures recruiting activities identify, assess and engage a diverse pool of potential qualified candidates are consistent with SFMTA’s value of diversity, equity and inclusion.
· Leads TA and Exam teams in developing job requirements, advertising at appropriate recruiting avenues, screens and refers candidates, coordinates the recruitment process, provides guidance and facilitates the negotiation process through to its completion.
· Oversees development and management of thoughtful, scalable, TA processes that balances candidate experience with MTA HR Policy, Civil Service compliance and all applicable legal requirements.
· Develops, evaluates and manages the tools/mechanisms to measure and analyze results to assess TA program effectiveness.
· Partners with peers and stakeholders across SFMTA, city departments and other transportation agencies to assess and compare existing programs, processes, and practices, identifies gaps and inefficiencies, and drives innovative solutions.
· Supervises and evaluates staff performance with emphasis on pathway to career development.
· Provides sound judgement and decision-making in HR matters and promotes a high-quality standard of work for the business unit.
· Builds a recruiting performance measurement system focused on operational excellence, hiring manager satisfaction and candidate experience; aligns human resources function as a value-added internal service center to employees and leaders.
· Oversees the day to day management of the recruitment function and staff; partners with managers to define and build out hiring plans that will contribute to the long-range growth of the agency, implements new processes and fine-tuning standard recruiting processes; oversees full lifecycle recruitment, from candidate sourcing, hiring practices, pre-employment assessments, compliance and onboarding.
· Reports and manages weekly, quarterly and regular recruiting, sourcing, retention and other key TA metrics and indicators.
· Participates in strategic discussions with key internal and external partners to continue to remain innovative and forward looking with talent acquisition processes, tools and sourcing.
· Promotes and incorporates SFMTA’s values of diversity, equity and inclusion into all aspects of the talent acquisition process.
We’re looking for someone who:
Models the SFMTA’s value of diversity, equity and inclusion in your work.
Is analytical and an effective problem solver.
Is a data driven problem-solver.
Exhibits a high quality of work standard and seeks excellence.
Seeks opportunities for improvement and seeks solutions.
Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and can effectively address daily issues across the talent acquisition functions, while simultaneously driving multiple projects to achieve a long-term strategy.
Is a well-rounded and compassionate leader who is skilled at delivering feedback in ways that feel supportive to staff and ignites them to take action.
Have excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to form positive relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
A few reasons you might love this job:
Your work will have a substantial impact for SFMTA to meet the City’s Transit-First policy.
You will be challenged daily.
You will work with a great team of people who are passionate about their jobs.
You will have opportunities to develop your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
You will work in a department with integrity, which trusts, engages, and values its employees.
Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, public administration, human resources management or related field AND
Six (6) years of Human Resources experience demonstrating progressively increasing levels of responsibility in the following areas: recruitment and selection, employment life cycle management, workforce planning, of which two (2) years must include supervising or directly managing professional-level staff.
Education Substitution: Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to the maximum of 2 years). One year of experience will be considered equivalent to thirty (30) semester or forty-five (45) quarter units of college coursework.
1. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications by the final filing date unless otherwise noted.
2. One year full-time experience is equivalent to 2000 hours. (2000 hours of qualifying work experience is based on a 40-hour work week). Any overtime hours that you work above forty (40) hours per week are not included in the calculation to determine full-time experience.
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalist(s) at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred to hiring.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience in an HR talent acquisition environment.
- Four (4) years of Human Resource experience in a public sector environment.
- Knowledge working with ATS and PeopleSoft HCM.
- Technically knowledgeable in basic human resources functions within a government setting, specifically talent acquisition and human resources within a civil service or merit system.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
HOW TO APPLY:
City and County of San Francisco employment applications for this position will be accepted through an on-line process only. A resume and cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications must be attached to the online application. Mailed, hand delivered or faxed applications will not be accepted. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to begin the application process.
Click and select 9180 Manager VI, MTA (Talent Acquisition Manager) (PEX-9180-106577)
Click on “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
Click on “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or on “I have REGISTERED PREVIOUSLY”
Follow instructions given on the screen
To submit resume using the online application:
Select the “Resume” tab in the online application
Follow instructions given on screen
To submit cover letter using the online application:
Select the “Other” tab in the online application
Choose “Upload” as your method of submittal
Click on “Upload Attachment”
Follow instructions given on screen
If you are having trouble attaching your resume and cover letter to the online application, you may submit by e-mail to Michelle Serrano-Nacorda, Analyst, at Michelle.Serrano-Nacorda@sfmta.com, subject: 9180 Manager VI, MTA (Talent Acquisition Manager) (PEX- 9180-106577). Resume will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online application.
In order to comply with social distancing guidelines, staff is working remotely at this time. We highly recommend applications be completed early. If you are having difficulty submitting your application online, please contact us at 415-646-2193 between 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday or by e-mail at Michelle.Serrano-Nacorda@sfmta.com
Applicants may be contacted by e-mail. It is their responsibility to ensure that their registered e-mail address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that e-mail from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their e-mail to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses: (@sfgov.org, @sfmta.com).
Upon successful submittal of the application online, the applicant will receive a notification on the screen, as well as in the applicant’s e-mail inbox, acknowledging the receipt of the application.
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying experience and education at any point in the application and/or departmental selection process. Written verification must be submitted on employer’s official letterhead, specifying dates of employment, types of employment (part-time/full-time), job title(s), description of duties performed, and the verification must be signed by the employer. City employees will receive credit for the duties of the class to which they are appointed. Experience claimed in self-employment must be supported by documents verifying income, earnings, business license and experience comparable to the minimum qualifications of the position. Copies of income tax papers or other documents listing occupations and total earnings must be submitted. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=456.
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
Applications will be screened for relevant qualifying experience. Additional screening mechanisms may be implemented in order to determine candidates’ qualifications. Only those applicants who most closely meet the needs of the Agency will be invited to participate in the selection process. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement to the interview.
Qualified applicants with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must contact the Agency by phone at (415) 646-2193 or, if hearing impaired at (415) 701-5043 (TTY) or in writing to the SFMTA Human Resources Operations Section, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 6th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103 (specify Class 9180 - Talent Acquisition Manager).
Applicants are responsible for updating their e-mail address or mailing address. Contact Information must be updated online at http://www.jobaps.com/sf by clicking on “Update My Contact Info” and logging into your account. If updating contact information online, applicants must contact the analyst at (415) 646-2193 immediately to inform them of the change. Failure to do so may result in the loss of eligibility.
Make sure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training and other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation at: http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process#applicantswithdisabilities
MINORITIES, WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.