5502 Digital District Project Manager
|Department||San Francisco Unified School District|
|Date Opened||5/13/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/14/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$106,675 - $148,083|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
5502 Digital District Project Manager
SFUSD Department of Technology, Project Management Office
Who We Are
What It Means to Work Here
The SFUSD community is united by our Core Values:
● Student-centered: We put students’ needs first
● Fearless: We persist through challenges
● United: We celebrate and build on each other’s strengths
● Social Justice: We stand with those most vulnerable in our community
● Diversity-driven: We respect and seek to understand each person
We are also inspired by Vision 2025 , which captures our aspirations and vision for the future of public education in San Francisco. Alongside the District’s strategic plan, Transform Learning. Transform Lives. SFUSD is reimagining how public education will change over the next decade to meet the dynamic future of San Francisco. As a CORE district, SFUSD is also a leader in critical systems change for more comprehensive school accountability and innovations that help strengthen the instructional core, which is the foundation of our strategic plan and Vision 2025.
Who We Want
We want talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences, who are committed to and will champion our Core Values, are inspired by our mission steeped in equity, and who are motivated to unleash our children’s potential. We want people who are strong collaborators, skilled communicators, problem solvers and who are comfortable in a community of continuous learning.
As the Digital District Project Manager (5502) you will report to the Executive Director, Project Management Office, and will work to manage enterprise projects in our Digital District portfolio totaling around $1mm. You will work with student, employee, and financial information divisions, our infrastructure, server, and network divisions in the Department of Technology (DoT), and non-technical stakeholders and business owners across the District to help ensure that we deliver transformational work that supports our teaching and learning goals in Transform Learning. Transform Lives. as well as our long-term, city-wide North Star, Vision 2025 .
Core responsibilities will include:
● Strategically executing Digital District project roadmap, plan, and budget for select small to medium technology projects in our Digital District portfolio across the district and broader community during the planning and implementation phases for a variety of systems. Example projects from the portfolio include:
○ Student Nutrition Services point-of-sale-systems upgrade
○ Student Transportation planning and dispatch system upgrade
The strongest candidates will have:
● Knowledge of San Francisco’s public schools/urban public schools and a passionate belief in SFUSD’s commitment to instructional leadership as a lever toward delivering on the SFUSD Graduate Profile and Digital District Plan;
● Successful experience preparing and monitoring project budgets, including occasionally obtaining additional resources and controlling project costs;
● Developing and implementing strategic and change management planning;
● Directing or managing the development of technical and functional requirements;
● Selecting and negotiating with software vendors and/or integration partners;
● Coordinating the work of a multi-disciplinary staff which may cross more than one department, technical, and functional areas;
● Demonstrating the ability to facilitate various stakeholder meetings;
● Managing the performance of project staff, including contractors and employees;
● Developing training plans for project staff during development and for all users at implementation;
● Managing eventual deployment of the new system(s);
● Fluency working with and communicating with district administrators, Chief-level leaders, technology laypeople, and technical teams including developers, engineers, database administrators, architects, and engineers;
● Familiarity with education accountability reporting (especially in California);
● Experience in a large, urban school district or other educational or government setting is preferred;
● Certification in project management, agile product management, or process improvement methodology is preferred.
What We Offer
SFUSD offers a competitive salary of $106,675-$148,083 commensurate with experience in a similar position. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan including dental and vision plans, a defined benefit pension plan, disability, life insurance, flexible spending account options and vacation time. We also offer an inclusive and equity-centered environment where we encourage staff to bring their whole selves to work.
How to Apply
● If you have previously applied to a job on JobAps, you will be prompted to “select an application to copy;” please select any previous application: you will have the opportunity to update the application and your resume; if you have not previously applied you will be prompted to create a new account
● You will be prompted to electronically attach a cover letter and resume
San Francisco Unified School District programs, activities, and practices shall be free from unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression; or on the basis of a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. This policy extends to San Francisco County Office of Education, including community school programs and activities.