5207 - Associate Engineer
|Department||Public Utilities Commission|
|Date Opened||1/11/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/26/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$55.16 - $67.05/hour; $9,562.00 - $11,622.00/month; $114,738.00 - $139,464.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
- Directs technical activities of and manage other engineers, consultants and others engaged in engineering projects for the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission in connection with the planning, design, construction and start-up of systems and facilities related to Water Enterprise.
- Prepares engineering designs, drawings and specifications to ensure compliance with codes, standards and project requirements.
- Prepares cost and quantity estimates for necessary labor, materials and equipment associated with construction, contractors, suppliers, reconstruction, installation, repair, restoration and maintenance.
- Provides engineering support to construction and operations; reviews existing conditions and establishes suitability for use; conducts studies of processes by identifying, obtaining and analyzing samples and data; performs and coordinates field work activities; analyzes and resolves problems to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, standards, specifications and performance.
- Supervises the preparation of detailed engineering drawings, specifications and calculations; assigns and reviews the work of assigned staff and consultants; determines resources necessary to complete assigned work.
- Reviews engineering drawings, specifications, calculations and work products produced by staff, consultants and contractors to ensure accuracy, adequacy and conformance to standards. Verifies quantity, dimensions, safety requirements, and proper test and start-up procedures.
- Prepares and supervises the preparation of a wide variety of technical engineering reports, regulatory reports, standard operating procedures manuals, emergency operations plans, minutes, public correspondence and other documentation.
- Interviews, selects, trains, monitors, evaluates and counsels staff in accordance with appropriate MOUs, Civil Service Commission Rules, and departmental procedures.
- Prepares a variety of bid documents, including advertisement for bids, instructions to bidders, detailed specifications and contract bonds; reviews and analyzes bids for conformance with specifications and for approval of final awarding of bids.
- Conducts meetings and public hearings; makes presentations to staff, committees, boards, commissions, approval agencies and the general public.
- Class 5207 Associate Engineer performs other related duties as required.
- Three (3) years verifiable professional engineering (civil) work experience, which includes two (2) years experience equivalent to or higher than a 5204 Assistant Civil Engineer, 5222 Assistant Water Purification Engineer, 5228 Assistant Transportation Engineer, 5236 Assistant Electrical Engineer, or 5252 Assistant Mechanical Engineer; AND
- Possession of a Certificate of Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of California in the following discipline: civil
How To Apply
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|