5174 Administrative Engineer
|Department||San Francisco Public Works|
|Date Opened||2/5/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/26/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$64.74 - $78.69/hour|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
** Announcement has been amended to update the description and the desired experience.**
APPOINTMENT TYPE: The General Services Agency Department of Public Works has 1 opening for Permanent Exempt appointment in San Francisco. The position is excluded by the Charter from competitive civil service examination process. The successful candidate shall serve at the discretion of the appointing officer. This position has an anticipated duration of up to three (3) years.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Engineer will assist the San Francisco Public Works, Bureau of Design and Engineering in performing professional and technical engineering work in planning, design and construction of electrical systems for Building and Industrial facilities projects.
The Administrative Engineer will assist the Electrical Engineering Section in performing complex professional and administrative engineering work in the field and office, and lead a group of professional and technical engineering personnel engaged in preparation of planning and design of Building and Industrial Facilities, serving as Electrical Engineer.
Some of the essential duties of the position include, but is not limited to:
1. Supervising professional and technical engineering personnel, consultants and other related staff engaged in the preparation of engineering studies, reports, designs, calculations, cost estimates, specifications, and contract documents for a wide variety of complex electrical engineering projects for building and industrial facilities including monitoring and control systems for wastewater treatment facilities to provide state-of-the art systems that enhances the ability of Wastewater Enterprise Operation & Maintenance personnel to efficiently operate and maintain the facilities in a more cost effective manner;
2. Interviews, selects, trains, monitors, evaluates and counsels staff in accordance with memoranda of understanding and Civil Service Rules.
3. Prepares and supervises the preparation of documents, including advertisement for bids, instructions to bidders, detailed specifications, and contract bonds; reviews and analyzes bids for conformance with specifications and for approvaI of award; negotiates contracts and contract modifications; and resolves claims and disputes.
4. Supervises and monitors the inspection of a wide variety of major and complex engineering projects; organizes and supervises the activities of field inspection staff.
5. Prepares engineering designs, drawings and specifications to ensure compliance with requirements and project objectives; prepares cost estimates of labor, equipment, and materials; performs supporting engineering calculations and reviews similar document prepared by subordinates.
6. Reviews requests for proposals and bids to ensure that the work is accurate and completed timely and efficiently; analyzes work load and budgets; assigns work for a group of engineers and technicians to meet project demands on specific engineering projects.
7. Analyzes and solves complex engineering and process related problems, which include electrical and instrumentation control systems for water/wastewater treatment, coordinating with mechanical, sanitary & process engineers; may direct and/or participate in scientific research projects relating to the study of water and/or wastewater treatments and their effects on the environment or other engineering functions.
8. Writes, reviews consultant/design builder and manufacturer prepared design document, and/or approves departmental correspondence, reports and other related documents.
9. Conducts meetings and makes presentations to staff, clients, committees, commissions, approval agencies, and the general public.
Possession of a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, plus six (6) years of verifiable professional engineering experience working on engineering projects. Three (3) of the six years' experience must be in directing engineering projects at a level equivalent to the City and County of San Francisco class 5207 Associate Engineer (licensed) or higher, AND
California registration as professional electrical engineer AND
Possession and maintenance of a valid California driver's license at the time of appointment.
Knowledge of: The Administrative Engineer position requires knowledge of electrical system for building and wastewater treatment facilities, its functional and operational needs, knowledge of technical engineering analysis/report writing, and design of electrical systems for building and wastewater treatment system facilities, and construction.
Ability to: The Administrative Engineer shall possess the ability to communicate with public, management, clients and other governmental and private agencies; create management and other reports; use independent judgment within established policies; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Experience in planning and design of electrical systems for building facilities and wastewater collection and treatment system facilities projects.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
§ Select the desired job announcement PEX-5174-093167
§ Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
§ Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
§ Follow instructions on the screen
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit, in addition to the CCSF application Online, the following:
1. Cover letter (maximum 2 pages in length) specifically addressing how you meet the Desirable Qualifications
3. Verification of minimum qualifications (see below)
Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered. Mailed, hand delivered or faxed documents/applications will not be accepted. Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
VERIFICATION: ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT VERIFICATION (PROOF) OF QUALIFYING EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION BY filling date.
Verification of education may be in the form of a diploma or transcript. Information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=456 .
Verification of qualifying work experience must be signed by the employer, on the employer’s letterhead, and specify dates of service, job titles and duties performed, including percentage of time spent performing duties which meet the minimum requirements. City and County employees will receive credit for the duties of the class to which appointed. Credit for experience obtained outside of the employee’s class will only be allowed if recorded in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Commission Rules. City employees may submit performance evaluations or letters from the appointing officer of the department as proof of qualifying City experience, but must verify outside qualifying experience as stated above. Verification may be waived if impossible to obtain. The applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why verification cannot be obtained. Waiver requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Failure to submit the required verification or request for waiver by the final filing date will result in rejection of the application.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications. Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the analyst at (415) 554-4824 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed for relevant qualifying education and experience. Only those applicants who most closely meet the needs of the department will be invited to participate in the interview process. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement to the selection process. Qualified applicants who are selected for an interview will be notified of the exact date, time, and place of the interview. Interviews are anticipated to take place the week after the closing date for receipt of applications.
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: PEX-5174-093167
GSA for Public Works / mt / 415.554.6000
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|