1844 Senior Management Assistant
|Department||Health Service System|
|Date Opened||4/27/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/8/2020 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$42.68 - $51.88/hour; $7,397.00 - $8,992.00/month; $88,764.00 - $107,900.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
This is a Permanent Exempt Appointment and is excluded under the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process.
The San Francisco Health Services System
The San Francisco Health Service Board is recruiting for a Senior Management Assistant. The San Francisco Health Service System negotiates and administers benefits approved by the Health Service Board (HSB) for the over 126,000 employees and retirees of the City and County of San Francisco, the SF Unified School District, the Community College of San Francisco and the SF Superior Court, and their dependents. SFHSS executes all process phases related to benefit operations and administration. SFHSS has a benefits budget of over $950 million that is approved by the Health Service Board, and an administrative/operations budget of $12 million, that is approved by the San Francisco Board of Supervisors. The rates and benefits are designed, negotiated and approved by the Board. SFHSS conducts requests for proposals and currently contracts with three main medical vendors with both fully-insured and self-insured plans. In addition, SFHSS provides vision, dental and voluntary benefits. SFHSS has also launched a robust Well-Being and a Data Analytics program.
Under general direction, the Senior Management Assistant manages complex, sensitive and detailed departmental administrative support functions of the SFHSS Administration Division, serves as the personal and confidential secretary to the SFHSS Director, Health Service Board (Board) Secretary, and is a member of the SFHSS Leadership Team. The essential job functions include the following:
1. Provides direct and confidential assistance to the Executive Director.
2. Manages Executive Director meeting schedule including with staff, management, vendors and executives from other City departments.
3. Supports the Executive Director in coordinating leadership meetings and projects.
4. Supports the director in meeting with HSS Board, key stakeholders, employers, and members on an ongoing basis to ensure continued improvement and focus on member satisfaction.
5. Analyzes complex issues and compiles reports, policies and procedures in a number of areas at the request of the Executive Director including monthly management reports, team development initiatives and special projects.
6. Confers with Executive Director to develop agendas and materials for the Health Service Board.
7. Serves as the Health Service Board (Board) Secretary and assists the Board in carrying out their fiduciary responsibility over the Health Service System Trust Fund.
8. Prepares the minutes for the Health Service Board meetings and Committees.
9. Manages Health Service Board meetings including scheduling, document preparation, attendee coordination, and venue administration.
10. Prepares, distributes and posts to SFHSS.org, agenda, notices, minutes, policies and decisions of the Health Service Board, maintains records of meeting and official actions, certifies all Board decisions, prepares correspondence for members of the Board.
11. Coordinate with the Health Service Board to facilitate the flow of information needed by it to carry out its functions including serving as a liaison to the Deputy City Attorney assigned to the Board and responding to public inquires.
12. Manages the development of the annual rates and benefits process for the Health Service Board and the approval process with the Board of Supervisors.
13. Manage the Health Service Board annual self-evaluation and the Annual Evaluation Process for the Executive Director.
14. Prepares and manages the Health Service Board orientation program, as well as the swearing in for all new or reappointed Commissioners.
15. Prepares, analyzes and presents documents using a variety of databases, spreadsheet and reports as they relate to the Health Service Board and Executive Director of the Health Service System.
16. Coordinates the elections for the Health Service Board.
17. Maintain the active SFHSS policies, as well as the management and tracking the City Wide policies that are applicable to SFHSS.
18. Maintains master training logs for the department.
19. Plans, manages agenda and minutes for SFHSS All-Staff meetings. SFHSS Leadership Meetings.
20. Provides consultation and support to management and supervisory staff on complex personnel and payroll administration issues including development of Health Service Board (Board) policies and procedures, Board on-boarding, and Board training.
21. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Possession of a Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in public or business administration, accounting, finance, economics, social sciences, education or related fields, or other subject areas closely related to a specific departmental program or function; AND
2. Three (3) years full-time equivalent experience performing professional-level management and/or administrative duties in functional areas such as: program/office/operations management, budget development and/or administration, development and administration of contractual agreements and/or grants, or other closely related functional areas;
Substitution: Applicants may substitute up to 2 years of the required education with additional qualifying experience in program/office/operations management, budget development and/or administration, or contract/grant administration. One year (2000 hours) of additional qualifying experience will be considered equivalent to 30 semester units/45 quarter units.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirement by the final filing date unless otherwise noted.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
Select the desired job announcement.
Select "Apply" and read and acknowledge the information.
Select either "I am a New User" if you have not previously registered, or "I have Registered Previously."
Follow instructions on the screen.
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org, @famsf.org, @ccsf.edu).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact Christine Salam, by telephone at 415-557-4881, or by email at email@example.com.
Only those candidates who most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited to continue in the selection process. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed to advance through all of the steps in the selection process.
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process, prior to being appointed into the position. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=456. Employment verification letters should be in the company letterhead, stating the inclusive dates of service and positions held as it relates to the qualifying experience required to be considered for the position.
The selected applicant will need to verify qualifying education and/or experience prior to being appointed into the position.
Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#applicantswithdisabilities.
Information regarding requests for veteran's preference can be found at: http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process#veteranspreference.
GENERAL INFORMATION CONCERNING CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO EMPLOYMENT POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20 or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
COPIES OF APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
Applicants are encouraged to keep copies of all documents submitted. Submitted documents become a permanent part of the exam records and will not be returned. The hiring department may require applicants to submit the same documents and/or additional documents at a later date.
RIGHT TO WORK
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: PEX-1844-104942
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.