0953 Deputy Director III - Audits Division Director
|Date Opened||4/6/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/23/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$77.23 - $98.56/hour; $13,386.00 - $17,084.00/month; $160,628.00 - $205,010.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
- Received national awards from the Association of Local Government Auditors recognizing the quality of the division’s audit reports and the degree to which they have helped improve city programs and services.
- Passed (without deficiencies) three consecutive triennial peer reviews, which are required by generally accepted government auditing standards.
- Issued hundreds of audit recommendations, with an average citywide recommendation implementation rate of over 90 percent.
- Developed and successfully implemented mission-critical audit programs, including those related to citywide public integrity, construction and capital programs, IT and cybersecurity auditing, and various citywide key business processes.
- Successfully managed a highly-regarded Whistleblower Program that now receives, investigates, and/or refers over 500 reports per year, and, on an average, sustains about 36 percent of them.
- Reporting on the level and effectiveness of San Francisco's public services and comparison of the City to other public agencies;
- Conducting financial and performance audits of City departments, contractors, and functions;
- Running public integrity tip and whistleblower complaints hotlines and websites and investigate reports of waste, fraud and abuse of City resources; and
- Ensuring the financial integrity and improving the overall performance and efficiency of City government.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Vicente Centeno, by telephone at 415-554-7506, or by email at Vicente.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selection process will include evaluation of applications in relation to minimum requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement to the interview. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate the qualifications of candidates. If this becomes necessary, only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited to participate in the oral/performance interview.
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
Issued: Month, Day, Year
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: 100795
CON/ VC/ 415-554-7506
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|