0932 Manager IV - Wastewater Utility Planning Division Manager
|Department||Public Utilities Commission|
|Date Opened||8/25/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/7/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$64.76 - $82.65/hour; $11,226.00 - $14,326.00/month; $134,706.00 - $171,912.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
- Plans, monitors, evaluates, and supervises the Utility Planning Division of the Wastewater Enterprise; coordinates the work of the various subdivisions and subprogram areas, including watershed planning, green infrastructure capital planning and programs, the Stormwater Management Ordinance, and flood resilience programs.
- Advises and consults with section managers; meets with appropriate staff to identify and resolve problems or conflicts; makes or recommends final decisions regarding policy, operations, budget and administrative procedures.
- Develops, implements and maintains procedures, administrative monitoring practices in order to obtain smooth and effective operation of the Utility Planning Division; coordinates work activities between divisions to prevent delays in required actions or to improve programs or services; assists in the identification, development and implementation of departmental goals, objectives, policies, and priorities; assists in the determination of resource allocation and levels of service.
- Receives and analyzes division and departmental reports; directs the preparation of the division’s annual strategic plan and its integration into the Wastewater Enterprise Strategic Business Plan; directs the gathering and analysis of information and reports necessary to document and evaluate processes.
- Monitors the work of and mentors subordinates to improve performance.
- Directs the allocation of resources to achieve timely outcomes and measurable goals within budget; adjusts plans and programs to meet emerging or new programs, while continuing to address major departmental priorities.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of the division's service delivery system, organizational structure, staffing levels, financial systems, and other internal operations; identifies and recommends alternative approaches or improvements; implements revisions, adjustments and changes.
- Serves as liaison with a variety of other City/County staff, policy-making officials, and officials of outside agencies, including but not limited to the SFPUC Commission and the SF Board of Supervisors; explains and justifies Departmental procedures, policies, or programs; negotiates and resolves difficult and complex issues and problems.
- Plan, develop, implement or direct major or complex projects or programs which span a number of internal sections or divisions within the SFPUC and external stakeholders, which may include the general public; directs the research of complex, highly technical issues; analyzes alternative solutions or approaches; recommends most effective course of action.
- Participates in budget development by providing detailed justification and persuasive arguments for proposals or initiatives. Oversees and administers division budget; directs and monitors expenditures in accordance with the approved budget; directs the preparation and maintenance of a wide variety of statistical, fiscal, and operational reports and studies; and provides executive management with an early warning and practical options to potential cost overruns.
- Class 0932 Manager IV will perform other related duties as required.
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree (or higher) with a major field of study in City and Regional Planning or Urban Planning, Natural Resources or Environmental Planning, Environmental Science, or Landscape Architecture.
- Experience in the field of urban green stormwater infrastructure and stormwater management.
- Managerial experience in city planning, watershed planning, or green infrastructure program development.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are accepted through an online process. Visit http://www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
§ Select the desired job announcement
§ Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
§ Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
§ Follow instructions on the screen
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org). Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may result in lower scores. If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Tina Siu, by telephone at 415-554-2403, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disaster Service Workers
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|